new episode/ season of doom patrol

So how long until the new season or new episodes of doom patrol will be out. Only reason I am paying for this if it’s over then bye felicia.

2 Likes

To my knowledge, they haven’t confirmed a season two, but they haven’t said it wasn’t happening either. So we’ll have to wait for an announcement.

4 Likes

They’ve already had a few “interesting worded bits” in some of the news items. I’d guess a season 2 is in development. However, I’d think it’s about 9-months to a year away, at least. ST, Stargirl, HQ Animated and second season of Titans are all scheduled before that.

Of course if you and your dollars say “bye Felicia” it makes a season two less likely. Things cost money. In the end subscribers have to put in the money, especially for original content. If you really aren’t willing to pony up < $100 a year, guess you don’t really care about Felicia and would find another excuse going to leave her anyway.

2 Likes

Patience, young grasshopper. It could be a while before season 2 airs. Given when Titans aired and when season 2 is set to release, I figure we’ve got another year (probably a little less). Maybe February 2020. Point is, it takes time to make quality content like Doom Patrol. I’ll bet the writing process alone could take a month. Then between casting, filming, editing, special fx, promotion… yeah, it’ll be a while. Unless your okay with next season being complete garbage, then yeah, I’m sure it could be done in a couple of weeks.

That being said, I doubt they’re cancelling the show. I don’t know how many subscribers it brought in, but the reviews were overwhelmingly positive, and that generally reflects well on the money it supports. And the writers are clearly prepared for another season, given how many loose threads there are after the finale, so it’s not like they wrote it to be a one and done sort of deal. So while they have yet to announce it, I’ll bet it’s just a matter of time.

1 Like

DOOM PATROL has been a huge hit, and 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The DCU would be well-advised to keep up with the terrific live-action shows, and absolutely renew DOOM PATROL. The most entertaining show I’ve seen in quite a long time, and the best “superhero” show EVER.

2 Likes

Please please please. (Insert more please you your liking) more doom patrol. I heard there is a season 2 coming. Please don’t let this fall through. It’s literally the best super hero show over seen.

3 Likes