New DC. Show Suggestions wish list

So far I have enjoyed the DC Original shows so I figured why not get a top 5 wish list from everyone, and who knows maybe some of the good folk at DC might take some of these ideas.

1. Transmetropolitan
  2. Constantine continuation or new show
  3. Sandman
  4. Not quite the justice league
  5. Phantom Stranger
5 Likes

Superman(Yeah, like that will happen.)
Booster Gold
Legion of Super-Heroes
Challengers of the Unkown (done as a period piece)
Hawkman and Hawkgirl

4 Likes

Challengers of the unknown would be great as would a Jonah Hex series

2 Likes

James Robinson’s Starman

3 Likes
  1. Constantine Season 2
  2. More Young Justice spinoffs
  3. Oracle/Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown show
  4. Deadman
  5. The Question
5 Likes

Ok so Deadman and question (would prefer classic question to Montoya era) both would be epic. Deadman as a horror/paranormal comedy and question as a gritty crime show.

4 Likes

Jonah Hex and/or other DC Heroes set in the old West
Promethea, Tom Strong and other characters from the America’s Best Comics line
Batman and the Outsiders
Dial “H” for Hero
World War II Era “Suicide Squad”
Justice Society of America, or a Justice League International
A faithful adaptation of “SHAZAM!”
Legion of Superheroes

There are so many stories to tell on this streaming site. Hopefully, we’ll get more.

3 Likes

Jonah Hex and/or other DC Heroes set in the old West
Promethea, Tom Strong and other characters from the America’s Best Comics line
Batman and the Outsiders
Dial “H” for Hero
World War II Era “Suicide Squad”
Justice Society of America, or a Justice League International
A faithful adaptation of “SHAZAM!”
Legion of Superheroes

There are so many stories to tell on this streaming site. Hopefully, we’ll get more.

1 Like

Just do a decent Batman show… straight up. No ‘prequel’, no ‘origin story’, and no ‘untold story of Aunt Harriet being a spy in the Vietnam war’ (I’m looking at you “Pennyworth”).

Give us a decent 1 hr show where sometimes it’s a mystery and other times action-focused…but just Batman. No Batman family (maybe Robin in like a 3rd season), no Huntress, and Gordon as a supporting character only. Follow Dennis O’Neil Batman Code (no killing), and make him a relatable, interesting character. Focus on his mission, keeping his Bruce Wayne persona, and how he maintains his double identity. Make him a detective, a caped crusader, more than a dark knight (put the grittiness and violence aside for once).

There would be so many great stories… but unfortunately the likelihood of something like this happening is 0.000000000000001%.

1. A Demon/Jason Blood series that’s a shameless ripoff of the Bill Bixby Hulk
  2. A horror host show with either Klarion the Witch Boy and a Teekl puppet, or the Brain, OR why didn’t I think of this til right now Ambush Bug
1 Like
  1. Hex (the Mad Max futuristic version)
  2. Amethyst
  3. The Golden Age Sandman
  4. Warlord
  5. Jonni Thunder with Slam Bradley as a film noir detective series
1 Like

Earth 2 Fury series with Lynda Carter returning to play Diana again. A Wonder Woman animated series is a must. WWII era JSA. Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Of course, more seasons of Constantine with him appearing on Swamp Thing as well, and setting up JL Dark with those 2.

3 Likes

Animated Metal Men, make it an hour so there is an A & B plot
The Creeper
Constantine, I’d miss John on Legends, but he needs his show back.
Powerless, one of the few shows that I have laughed out loud at.
Grifter, look at me, no chance I would leave him off any list I can put him on.

2 Likes

Detective Chimp animated show
Justice Society WW2 animated show
Wonder Woman animated show
Legion of Substitute Heroes animated show

Phantom Lady live action series. She’s a senators daughter battling DC intrigue and super villains. Black Condor would be a supporting character. And some cameos byUncle Sam.

1 Like
  1. Doctor Fate the mantle can get passed down every 2 or 3 (or for the best ones 4) seasons (live)
  2. JL International (animated or live)
  3. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (with Jaime joining season 3 or 4 if ever) (live)
  4. continuing Powerless (live)
  5. The Question with Renee getting the mantle the 4th or 5th season (live)
  6. Shazam based off the New 52 and Rebirth (animated)
  7. Metal Men (Animated or Live but I prefer animated)

Justice League animated or live

Id also like to see some sort of return to the beyond universe. Either Batman Beyond or Superman Beyond or Justice League Beyond.

A Trinity show about Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Live action or Animated.

A GL Corps animated show with Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Jessica and Simon.

2 Likes

1)Arkham - done similar to House M.D. with a focus on the doctors and a rotation of villains.
2) The Question - done as a really in depth crime drama
3) Jonah Hex - done as an awesome gritty western
4) Martian Manhunter - mini series
5) House of Mystery - done as a combo between Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt and a DC history show.

3 Likes

Justice Society
Alan Scott /Green Lantern
Jay Garrick /Flash
Kent Nelson /Dr. Fate
Jim Corrigan /Spectre
Carter Hall /Hawk Man
Dinah Drake /Black Canary
Diana /Wonder Woman
Karen Starr /Power Girl

1 Like

Maybe also an original Batman show that ties in with Titans. Shows what Bruce and Dicks life was like and what drove them apart. Could also provide an origin story for Jason.

1 Like

There seems to be an awful lot of interest in a JSA set in WWII. Add my voice to them. Of course, these days we probably have to add diversity by making some of the characters different races or genders since Hollywood doesn’t believe in all white casts anymore although historically it would be anachronistic to have mixed race teams. But, such are the times we live in.

This is probably not salable since there are no super powers among the bunch but DC has always had an Adventurers Club series on and off since 1940. How about we take Slam Bradly. Speed Saunders and some other adventurers from the 40s and 50s and have them form a loose-knit organization called the Adventurers Club. Or if you think we need superheroes you could always use the Detectives Guild since Batman is now a member.

1 Like