New Dawn of DC Action Comics

With the release of what DCUI Ultra comics we will be getting in the month of February, the new Dawn of DC Action Comics 1051 is on that list. I wanted to ask the community if that issue is a good jumping on point or should I start earlier in the series or somewhere else? Any feedback/response would be great!

2 Likes

all of the dawn titles for 2023 are jumping on points.

Action 1051 is a great jumping-on point. Buckle your seatbelt when you read it, because its a good one!

3 Likes

All the SUPER titles are in good hands with the Dawn of DC, and I think both new readers and us older readers will enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Knowing that you enjoyed it makes me excited to read it.

2 Likes

I’ve always been more of a Bat-Fan but DC making each issue have three stories made me want to try it. It gives each issue more bang for your buck if you know what I mean! P.S. Any story with Power Girl is good in my book.

3 Likes

It is a pretty great place to start.

But, if you do want a little more context for what is going on over in the Super-verse, you can check out the Warworld Saga that helped set up this current status-quo for the Superman line here at DCUI:

3 Likes

I just caught up on Action Comics so I am looking forward to reading this on ultra

3 Likes

Yes , and I am sure others have already said so, but 1051 is meant to be the jumping in point, there were a few other issues before that , that lead into it, but nothing so detrimental that you will be forever lost.

If you want it in order look for issues of Superman-Son of Kal-El, limited issues 1-6 , Return of Superman, and Superman #1 there may be one or two more, but say you miss all of that, no worries, 1051 you will be fine, it may be a tiny bit confusing but usually writers give flash backs at what has been going on to catch people up to speed a bit. Plus if you want to catch up, you can always sign up with DC right here and read the back issues that lead into 1051 and then jump right into your subscriptions.

3 Likes