New Content Announcement: Introducing the DC Community Audio Interview Series!

After a month off, the Official DC Q&As are returning, with a brand new format!

On Friday, October 7, we’ll be releasing the very first edition of the new DC Community Audio Interview Series! After an awesome Q&A in May of this year, Joshua Williamson will be returning to answer your questions about Dark Crisis of Infinite Earths #5! Will our heroes take down Deathstroke’s forces and avoid a global catastrophe? Only one way to find out…

Drop your burning Dark Crisis questions for Joshua Williamson in this thread for him to answer in a recorded interview, releasing on Friday, October 7. Whether you’re curious about his approach to building a phenomenal saga on a massive scale, or you have specific questions about the Dark Crisis storyline, we’re thrilled to have Joshua coming back to answer your queries in this new form of DC Community content! A transcript of the interview will also be included, for those who want to read along with the discussion. The last day to submit a question for Joshua is Friday, September 30!

This Audio Interview series is a new venture for DC Community, so we’d love your feedback! We can’t wait to see what questions you all submit, and we’re looking forward to the release of this brand-new DC Community content. Keep an eye on this thread for the release of Joshua’s interview on 10/7!

31 Likes

Great concept, looking forward to it.

When is the last day we can post a question for this? @Jitsu

8 Likes

Great callout–the last day to submit questions is Friday, Oct. 30! I’ll add that detail to the original post. Thanks!

9 Likes

Did you perhaps mean September 30th?

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I meant! :rofl:

6 Likes

Well I guess I better spring to action then if I’m going to come up with any questions, thank you!

6 Likes

@Jitsu should we still post questions on here?

5 Likes

Yep, that’s correct!

5 Likes

Though I don’t have any questions about Dark Crisis specifically, I’m definitely glad to see the Q&As come back!

8 Likes

It was so great to see Hal and Kyle together for what felt like the first time in ages! How do you feel they complement one another, both as characters and as members of the GL Corps?

6 Likes

Will we get announcements for other interviews?

6 Likes

On the day of, will the recording be on YouTube or on here or on social media? Will it be linked on this thread?

7 Likes

What will set Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths apart from the many other DC events?

4 Likes

Yes! If this audio interview is something that the community enjoys, we’ll definitely be doing more!

5 Likes

The audio interview will be linked in a new thread here on the community site!

5 Likes

Hi, Josh! Welcome back to the community! My questions are about the directions of Damian and Talia, specifically after their solo series and Shadow War respectively.

Your run on Robin ends with Damian ultimately choosing not to resurrect Alfred with his prize of Lazarus resin, for careful consideration of the spiritual cost. However, in Batman vs. Robin, we see Damian making a new devil’s bargain for the same result with the devil Nezha.

Quite similarly, Shadow War ends with Talia choosing to face the sins of her past by following her father’s wishes to turn herself into the authorities. And yet, it’s not even a month later that we see Talia has broken free, her debt to society seemingly forgotten.

Both of these character arcs seem carefully built, the decisions of mother and son heavy, only for them to immediately reverse course. What exactly happened?

4 Likes

I’m too nervous to ask a question. I love your work!

3 Likes

For Dark Crisis, was there any character that you wanted to use in the story that you didn’t get to or were not allowed to for some reason?

Which was your favorite character to write for in this event? Did any moments surprise even you?

5 Likes

(@Jitsu you may want to pin this to the top of the category here so everybody can see it easily)

4 Likes

(Done!)

5 Likes