New Comics Tuesday: What Did You Get

I can take a picture later of the book comparing it to tpb and deluxe hardcover.

3 Likes

Sure, sure. Give me something else to spend my money on, why don’tcha? :wink:

3 Likes

As promised here is the picture showing the different sizes of DC books. In my experience, the deluxe hardcover is the same height as the omnibus. I don’t have any Absolute books yet, which are bigger than the deluxe/omnibus.

Books pictured: Batman Adventures: Cat Got Your Tongue?, Harley Quinn: Vol. 1 Hot In The City, and Wonder Woman: 80 Years of the Amazon Warrior.

3 Likes

Thanks for the size comparison.

I don’t have any Absolutes currently, but back when I did, I remember them indeed being taller than omnibuses.

Anyhow, I might have to look into these new digest-sized books. I believe there’s also a few STAS anthologies that have been released over the last few months.

3 Likes

There are STAS, Justice League, and BTAS. I only have the BTAS ones at the moment and they are only $9.99 compared to the normal tpb prices!

3 Likes

I think I might put those on my Christmas list, as it’s been a long time since I’ve had new digests.

Most of my digest purchases of the lsst year have been from the Best of DC Blue Ribbon line that ran from the '70s and into the Pre-Crisis portion of the '80s. I love those!

Thanks again for the heads-up on these. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This week was the biggest week for Fear State to date! If it wasn’t for that, my pull list would have been very small.

3 Likes

Batman: The Adventures Continue Season 2 #4
Flash #774
Nightwing #84
Shazam #3

I’ll get them next week

4 Likes
  • The Flash #774
  • Looney Tunes #262
  • Nightwing #84
  • Shazam! #3
3 Likes

4 Likes

I love Stupor Duck, so I couldn’t resist. :grin:

Check it out, if you get a chance before it’s eventual DCUI arrival. It’s $2.99 (“Cheap!”, as they say at MAD Magazine), and absolutely worth it.

3 Likes

• Action Comics #1035
• Deathstroke Inc. #1
• Justice League #68
• Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom #5
• Superman '78 #2
• Superman: Son of Kal-El #3 (regular and variant covers)

3 Likes

tomorrow (I hope)

Action Comics #1035
Batman/ Superman #22 :cry:
Justice League #68
Superman '78 #2
Superman Jr. #3
Checkmate #4
Mambo #5
Robin #6

and Star Wars #17

3 Likes

My store didn’t get Action Comics :frowning: Stupid distributers. He was also missing a lot of Marvel books. The book will be coming in next week but…my comic guy is closed all next week for a much needed vacation. He doesn’t have any employees to fill in for him soo…

4 Likes

You should fill in for him, @D4RK5TARZ.

It’d be like an episode of a sitcom where the kids and principal switch places, and the principal is in class, while the kids run the joint.

Heck, I could use a new gig and would help you out, but I don’t live anywhere near you, so…that’s out of the question. I have always wanted to work at a comic store, though.

In 2008, I filled out an application for the one I was a regular at, but they were only hiring for very minimal part time (10 hours a week, if that), so I said “Thank you, but no.” and stuck to my regular gig.

2 Likes

Batman Reptilian and Batmam vs Bigby a wolf in Gotham. Might checkout Deathstroke Inc. Any opinions on if I should or not,

4 Likes

I’ll be grabbing Superman: Son of Kal-El #3 and I have pre-ordered Robin #6 already. I might add Deathstroke Inc. to the mix or I might wait for trades or here for it. I haven’t decided yet.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @brian5150! :partying_face: I’d recommend checking it out, but I may be a tad biased. :wink: Please let the moderator team know if you need anything!

Also, happy anniversary @D4RK5TARZ! :cake: :fire: :gift:

9KYq

4 Likes

Welcome back!

I just read Deathstroke Inc. and enjoyed it. There are a lot of directions this can take and I am here for them. It is a weird group of people on a team and it is working for me.

3 Likes

Thank you @Shayera.Hol!!!

2 Likes