New comics for the week of 1/23/19: What are you looking forward to?

New Comic Day is fast approaching, so what new releases are you anticipating this week?

My top five new books are:
-Shazam #2
-Naomi #1
-Aquaman #44
-Justice League #16
-Freedom Fighters #2

I’ll probably check out the A Very DC Valentine’s Day trade from hoopla too.

What are you excited for this week?

3 Likes

I mostly quit buying single issues, however Freedom Fighters has stoked my interest

2 Likes

American Carnage and Naomi

2 Likes

Shazam #2 is my DC must.

Justice League #16 and Batman #63 are on my pull as well.

Only Marvel book I’m getting this week is the new Guardians Of The Galaxy #1.

Small week for me but it looks great.

2 Likes

DC:
American Carnage #3
Aquaman #44
Batman #63
Freedom Fighters #2
Justice League #16
Naomi #1
Shazam #2
Teen Titans #26

Not DC:
Bettie Page #2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1
Grimm Fairy Tales Annual #1
Mars Attacks #4
Tank Girl: Action Alley #2

1 Like

@hashtag, what’s the story on that Buffy #1? Is it the start of a new season or something different?

They’re starting from the beginning.

Funny you picked it out. I’m the most excited about that one.

I was going to ask about Tank Girl but then the further adventures of Miss Summers caught my eye. Interesting to see she’s still up and kicking in comics.

You said the beginning. Is that a Buffy reboot then?

From leagueofcomicgeeks.com:

"Go back to the beginning as the critically acclaimed pop culture phenomenon Buffy The Vampire Slayer is reimagined under the guidance of series creator Joss Whedon.

This is the Buffy Summers you know, who wants what every average teenager wants: friends at her new school, decent grades, and to escape her imposed destiny as the next in a long line of vampire slayers tasked with defeating the forces of evil.

But her world looks a lot more like the one outside your window, as Eisner Award-Nominated writer Jordie Bellaire (Redlands) and Russ Manning Award-Winner Dan Mora (Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers) bring Buffy into a new era with new challenges, new friends…and a few enemies you might already recognize. But the more things change, the more they stay the same, as the Gang faces brand new Big Bads, and the threat lurking beneath the perfectly manicured exterior of Sunnydale High confirms what every teenager has always known: high school truly is hell.

WELCOME BACK TO THE HELLMOUTH, FOR THE FIRST TIME!"

Hmm, interesting.

Batman, excited to see what Naomi is all about, and I need to catch up on American Carnage.

I might check out the Buffy reboot. I’m a HUGE fan of the original show, but fell off the comics long ago. Still undecided if I’m jumping on.

same on Naomi, loved the voice Bendis gave Riri Williams on Ironman, curious if Naomi will be similar

My Picks of the week

Know will enjoy

American Carnage
Freedom Fighters
Shaman

Have hopes

Aquaman
Naomi

Very Uneven Titles

Batman
Teen Titans

Don’t Understand Everything

Justice League
Lucifer
Wildstorm

See to End

Damage
Curse of Brimstone

I’m happy to see most people are taking an interest in Naomi. I have high hopes for it.

2 Likes

New 52, the entire collection.

American Carnage is a GREAT book!

1 Like

Tom Scioli’s mad artist / writer vision continues in IDW’s Go-Bots #3 this week (very similar to his recent memorable 13 issue Transformers vs G.I. Joe…a very Kirby-esque bombastic style (he also did the art for Godland).
Freedom Fighters #2. Even though I was shocked to see Doll Man appear in Super Weird Heroes Volume 2 recently, I just love these guys!

And… even though this is one of the slowest cookers in history , I’m still enjoying the Wild Storm , so I’ll pick that up as well everything else is digital for me… at least new comics.

Bubble

Boil