Fall is nearly here, and while we wait for it to arrive, we can enjoy the very latest comic bundles from Walmart, now available at a Walmart with a trading card/collectibles section by the Self Check-Out section near you!
I nabbed the set shown above last night (Friday, September, 10th). The comics in it are:
- Wonder Girl (2021) #1 (second printing/Walmart variant)
- Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #'s 1 (third printing), 3 (second printing) and 5.
The mask that my set came with is Frank Miller’s Joker, and was marked with his 80th anniversary logo on the inside, so these may just be leftovers from last year’s promotion of his 80th anniversary one-shot. I also saw sets that featured a Jim Aparo-style Joker mask.
Here’s a look at some of the other sets now available:
There are also sets that feature…
- Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 (packed with what appeared to be Superman and The Authority #1, but I didn’t get too good of a look at it)
- Justice League: Last Ride #1
- Nightwing #80
- Robin #1
…however, I haven’t found pictures of them yet.
It’s also worth noting that some of these sets feature Catwoman masks as well (and again, like the Joker masks, they’re likely leftovers from the promotion of her 80th anniversary book as well).
Of the sets I flipped through, I noticed Catwoman masks based on the art of:
- Jim Balent
- Darwyn Cooke
- Joelle Jones (cough @Razzzcat cough)
So, if you want a nifty mask for upcoming Halloween festivities, or you just want to wander around home with a Joker and/or Catwoman mask, plus get some kick-ass comics in the process, these sets are for you!
SN: Thank you, @Shayera.Hol.