!NEW! Batwoman Full Official Trailer (CW Show)

I wonder if this will be one of the topics on DC Daily in today’s webisode.

1 Like

@Mae For sure. JH Williams III is an immensely talented artist.

2 Likes

I just wish we’d have more crimson in Batwoman’s costume on the show, but I’m sure it will show up better in the actual episodes.

2 Likes

Me too, but I’m sure we’ll het there. There will probably be a redesign every season as well, just like they do with Flash :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not feeling it. I really enjoyed Batwoman from her origin to the end of JH Williams run. The stuff I’ve seen since has been okay.

I don’t feel like this captures the spirit of the character. I felt Kate was the type of awesome character that didn’t have to brag about being awesome. In the show, she seems rather conceded and that makes her difficult to like. Also, the several girl power moments were just eye rolling. I’m rather tired of the pandering to different demographics.

7 Likes

This looks real good, and has me looking forward to it. And while I was somewhat skeptical about Ruby Rose when I heard she was cast, she did a good job on the Arrowverse crossover, and really had some great charisma in the trailer. Surprised they seem to be keeping the Batman references somewhat subdued in the trailer considering how heavy they were in her Arrowverse episode, but sometimes I think Arrowverse comes on a bit strong with the comic references, so not a horribly thing if they are scaling them back some.

1 Like

It looks alright but the “it will be(perfection)when it fits a woman” and “I’m not about to let a man take credit for a woman’s work” lines ruined it for me

8 Likes

that’s the idea, redirect insecure myopia elsewhere and provide a voice for those who have none

3 Likes

There’s definitely some groaner lines, but I’m willing to give it a shot.

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to this and the trailer has only added to my enthusiasm. I only recently started reading Batwoman comics and they are among my favorites.

2 Likes

It looks decent but a few of the lines could have been changed to make it less… for lack of a better word, annoying? Like I’m by no means saying make catwoman an anti feminist she is most definitely a feminist so we shouldn’t change that but like in the line about the suit change “woman” to “me” I feel like it works a lot better character wise and less likely to get the show hate. I’m gonna give the show a shot but the CW has burned me with every show so far except Legacies, I liked Legacies.

1 Like

I was auto corrected from batwoman to Catwoman and now I shall hide in a hole

1 Like

Some annoying dialogue in the trailer. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into a Supergirl. Hate it when politics are incorporated into a superhero show.

3 Likes

Eh, too many lines annoyed me, like those that @TX85 mentioned. Kate Kane is a character that should stand on her own. Why have her make dumb comments? I mean, if I stole someone’s outfit and dressed up like them - including an almost complete mask/helmet - then I’m not going to snark if people mistake me for that person… Maybe that kind of stuff won’t be as obnoxious after the pilot. Wouldn’t be the first time.

5 Likes

Maybe it was a writing choice. I remember LGBT community cannabalized Ruby Rose for not being “gay and pro-feminist enough” for the role, to the point where she left Twitter. Perhaps this was a conscious choice the writers and Ruby Rose made to win back those people’s hearts. Or maybe, it’s just Ruby injecting her own flavor into Kate.

Either way, I don’t mind. It may not be accurate but then, there are different versions of every character so to me it doesn’t matter much. Some see it as arroagant jerk, I see it as a confident woman. It’s attractive to me.

1 Like

Exactly, we all know how bad ass Batwoman can be, you don’t have to say stuff like that, it annoys a lot of people

5 Likes

Please let’s cool it with the mildly misogynistic comments. Annoys a lot of people? People who use the words “pandering” and “eye-rolling”, or using “girl power” as a pejorative? Good.

1 Like

@Gibby, that’s the LGBT communities fault for hating her. I’m sure she is not homophobic. So that sort of dialogue isn’t necessary.

2 Likes

I’m excited for Luke fox.

1 Like

This turned to be a good thread, thank you everyone for your thoughts. Can’t wait to disect each episode with the lot of ya’s! :slight_smile:

1 Like