New Batman Stories to Come in this DC Digital First Series! - 04/2/2021

Debuting in 1989, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight put Batman in the hands of some of the most talented writers and artists in comics, such as Denny O’Neil, Grant Morrison, Ed Hannigan, Mike W. Barr, Doug Moench, José Luis Garcia-López, Klaus Janson, and others. Their efforts yielded unforgettable story arcs for comic book fans, such as “Shaman,” “Prey,” which redefined the evil and twisted Dr. Hugo Strange, “Gothic,” and “Venom,” the story that introduced the dangerous super steroid to a Santa Prisca prison inmate who would later be known as Bane.

On April 2nd, this influential anthology returns as a new DC Digital First series, Legends of the Dark Knight.

The full story on Legends of the Dark Knight can be found on the DC website at www.dccomics.com!

Are you excited to dive back into the epic saga of The Dark Knight? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

21 Likes

Awesome™:+1: always up for more Bats

8 Likes

:point_up: This is where I’m at with this news.

Releases 3 days before my birthday?!
And I just finished this series a month or two ago?!

8 Likes

This is not going to be available here on April 2nd, right? This is for purchase on other platforms that day and will be on here three months later - is that correct?

6 Likes

Check it out. This is from the linked article.

Looks like it should be here for us on April 2nd! :batman_hv_1:

8 Likes

I’m a simple man, I see Batman stories – especially stories by big name people like Derrik Robinson – and I check them out. :slight_smile:

That reminds me of something I’m wondering – so does this mean this is when they’ll be on DCUI, or will it come here after a certain amount of time, like they did with previous digital series like Harley Quinn Black + White + Red?

7 Likes

Good question!

5 Likes

Just got back from a doctor and this news really brighten my day!:grinning:

7 Likes

Bat news is always good news. Especially when we get art like this! I hope the stories are just as good. That image with all the different Batmen is just… Groovy :batparrot:

7 Likes

My reaction to this news

5 Likes

Looks like I have something to add to my reading list before April 2nd: All 219 issues of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight. They may have been released over the course of 21 years but thanks to DC Universe Infinite I can binge read them over the next seven weeks.

Let’s see…219 divided by seven weeks is 31 books per week divided by seven days is four or five books a day. No sweat!

7 Likes

Just to make sure my wires aren’t crossed, the digital first books come to DCUI the same day they release for purchase right?

5 Likes

Why we truly live in an age of DC Digital Wonder these days!

4 Likes

Well…I just started reading these and this was certainly a surprise!

3 Likes

Ah, the first arc still has one of my most favorite wacky out of context pages ever:

(Psst psst we cover the first four arcs of this series and more over at the Batman Book Club psst psst)

4 Likes

I will check that out once I get done with the first four arcs. I just finished Shaman, Books #1-5, and will continue tomorrow. Good stuff and I like this origin of Batman a lot so far.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I am always excited for new Batman books.

Finding the time to read all of them though? That’s the trick.

4 Likes