New Artstyle Nightwing Test

hair is top notch, good work.

5 Likes

Love this!!! #TeamNightwing youā€™re very talented.

4 Likes

I think it looks beautiful as is! The cleaner skin makes the crosshatching and shadows of his hair pop all the more.

5 Likes

Dang, you art is beautiful. Very nice.

4 Likes

Great work! It captures the increasing maturity and responsibilities of Grayson as Nightwing.

7 Likes

I was about to say that! Classic music video they donā€™t make em like that anymore!

4 Likes

Now I have the song in my head :laughing:

4 Likes

Very nicely done. Have you ever played with light watercolor washes for backgrounds? It could really make your style jump out even more. Nothing detailed, just a few, indistinct overlapping splashes of a dulled, contrasting color. Iā€™m not criticizing, I love the piece. Just a thought, I always used to love mixed media in art school.

4 Likes

Iā€™d never thought to try making scans like that. Thanks for the tip, my computer might be good for something other than a paper weight after all! :desktop_computer:

4 Likes

I was lamenting to a friend about being afraid to do anything (since Iā€™m usually using graphite) and she suggested it to me! I thought, golly, sheā€™s a genius! Iā€™m glad itā€™s helpful to you too!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea that I hadnā€™t considered. The last time I did watercolor it was over pencil.

4 Likes

on a junk paper, try putting down a quick watercolor wash, then sprinkle a few grains of salt onto it while itā€™s wet - fun for space, coral, a layer of background that youā€™ll mostly cover, but want to look busy.

4 Likes

Great work! I really like the contrast of the clean lines of the face and the heavy blacks and crosshatch of the hair and costume. Such a cool look.

3 Likes

This is incredible! Is it inspired from Travis Mooreā€™s art? Looks so awesome :smiley:

3 Likes

Very Impressive art, :+1::art:

3 Likes

I love that you used traditional media. Iā€™ve cast paper/pencil/colors aside and am exclusively digital. Itā€™s so much easier to hit ā€œundo/redoā€ than erase, erase, erase, erase, RIP! ā€˜Dammit!!ā€™, start over. Lather/Rinse/Repeat."

4 Likes

If thatā€™s why my icon isā€¦which I think it might be but I canā€™t remember for sure.

1 Like

I canā€™t even fathom trying to draw digitally. You have my utmost respect.

2 Likes

This looks so good.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

2 Likes