New 52 Shazam?

I’ve been reading the new Rebirth run of Shazam, but I missed the previous run that introduced folks to his new foster siblings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

From my understanding it is the back issues from justice league (2011 -2016). Looks like issues 0, 21. Then says backup 7-11, 14-16, 18-20. There is a recent origin tpb they released for the movie that collects all that so I assumed that was most of this iteration of shazam.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Its been answered but just to add on, I think the New 52 Shazam by Geoff Johns was fantastic. Its also clearly the run where the movie took a ton of influence from.

3 Likes

Also, if you’re curious about Shazam’s classic origin, read Secret Origins #3, which is now available in the DCU Library. You’d be surprised how much of Shazam’s origin has remained the same over the decades. Great cover, too!

1 Like

Also, if you’re curious about Shazam’s classic origin, read Secret Origins #3, which is now available in the DCU Library. You’d be surprised how much of Shazam’s origin has remained the same over the decades. Great cover, too!

2 Likes