New 52/Rebirth Flash

So there’s 2 Wally Wests and 2 reverse Flashes? I kinda understand the 2 Wally Wests thamks to an earlier topic but now I’m trying to figure out the 2 reverse flash thing

Basically, I think they wanted to replace Hunter Zolomon with Daniel West as a second reverse Flash. Since Classic Wally was left out of continuity at the time. When that all fell apart and we had Rebirth and Classic Wally was back alongside New Wally and Barry, DC re-instated Hunter as ZOOM II.

1 Like

I don’t know about the Reverse Flash’s but the West’s I can explain in detail. Wally was the original Kid Flash in Pre and Post Crisis. After crisis, he took up the mantle, because Barry died, and became The Flash from the 1990’s to about the late 2000’s, eventually Barry came back and took the mantle back in Flash Rebirth by Geoff Johns. When Flashpoint and the New 52 happened, DC wanted to diversify their cast, so they created a new Wally that was very much out of character then the original one. Fans unleashed an outcry, wanting the original Wally back. It wasn’t until Rebirth did they bring back classic Wally, who was stuck in the speed force due to Flashpoint, and he became apart of continuity again, and then they made him a murder. :+1:

1 Like