New 52 Reading Order

Hello I’m creating a YouTube video reading all of the new 52 I checked a few websites but that just created more confusion could someone help me?

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion is a true expert, he can help you, good luck on your YouTube videos.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well, it depends how you want to do it. Do you want to follow the entire period in the order it was released issue by issue, or do you want to keep it together in collected storylines? And do you prefer a chronological order or a release order?

I usually advise people when this comes up that reading all of the New 52 in order is not the best way to enjoy the comics. No matter who you are, you’re going to end up reading a lot of stuff that isn’t to your taste, and not all of it is relevant to each other the way you might expect. But if you’re determined to do it this way, it can be done.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ok uh I like reading chronological order

1 Like

Some of the titles have nothing, or little to do with one another. For example, Dial H is considered very good but you can read it in in order and not read anything else and it won’t affect anything one way or another. On the other hand, reading the 19 issues of Morrison’s Action Comics run, like I did, before you read Justice League might benefit you, and reading the first six issues of Action, and the first six issues of Superman and the first six issues of Batman as well as the first six issues of Justice League will definitely, IMHO, be confusing as all Eff.

To this day, I’ve not read nearly all of Snyder’s Batman and almost none of King’s Batman but I’ve had no problem following along with any cross-overs or team titles where Batman is featured, even when there is a cross-over (e.g. Batman/Superman, which happened often in the New 52, or even where it simply was referenced or mentioned, e.g. Justice League).

But again, YMMV.

2 Likes