New (2005-2019) Villains That You Would Like To See More Frequently Used

Hi everyone, I was curious to see which relatively new villains (2005-Present) that you feel like are under-utilized and would like to see more of. For me, I’d have to say Mr. Bloom. I felt like he was a deadly threat to Gotham and fine addition to Batman’s rouge gallery.

2 Likes

I feel like we haven’t seen Dollmaker in a while. I thought he was pretty creepy

4 Likes

H’el

Mother Machine

Relic. This guy needs to be in some sort of GL production. Movies, TV, live action, animation, whatever. He’s too good and visually interesting to keep on the sidelines.

Ruin

4 Likes

This might be out of timeline by a year or two, but I’d love to see alot of the characters Dan Slott made in “Arkham Asylum: Living Hell” get more play. Humpty Dumpty, Great White Shark, Jane Doe…they all had those quintessential Batman villain gimmick going on for them!

3 Likes

I’d love to see GWS used more frequently. Could add some spice to the normal “organized crime” side of Batman’s rouges.

1 Like

It’s still early, but I’m hoping to see more of Tomasi’s Arkham Knight. I loved seeing the video game character get new life in Detective Comics, and I thought it was clever to have Astrid be a new character w/ a direct connection to the deeper Batman legacy. The story was really entertaining and I’m glad he left the door open for more appearances from her in the future

1 Like

I loved that they called H’el’s intro story “H’El on Earth” lol

1 Like

'Twas a fitting title indeed.

1 Like

One of my favorite underused villains is JUNIOR, who debuted in Gail Simone’s Secret Six. This horrifying crime lord controlled the entire west coast underworld from a wooden crate, with nothing but a notepad and a rotary phone. To look upon Junior was a guaranteed death sentence.

2 Likes

I cast my vote for The Victim Syndicate. There’s always been the old song-and-dance about how Batman’s been responsible for his villains, but The Victim Syndicate seem to cut out the middle-man. These are people who were wounded horrifically in Batman’s attempts to stop some of his major foes, who came together and decided to hold him responsible. You could get a ton of stories out of that.

2 Likes

Kind of a cheat but the Wonder Woman supporting cast in new 52 were so sick. I know they are age old characters but I loved the interpretation

2 Likes

Dr. Hurt. It’s been a while since Batman has fought the Devil.

1 Like