Nevertheless, She Persisted: Six Tales of Female Empowerment

It’s Women’s History Month and if we’ve seen anything these past five years, it’s that the future is decidedly female. So, if you find yourself in the mood for stories of hope, perseverance and inspiration featuring your favorite DC heroines, know that there are plenty of them out there. From longtime favorites like Wonder Woman and Lois Lane to relatively newer characters like Jessica Cruz and Naomi McDuffie, DC has a strong legacy of mighty women.

Still, it helps to have a place to start, so check out our News article on dccomics.com for six of our favorite stories of female empowerment.

What is your favorite DC story of female empowerment? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

18 Likes

Technically it’s a movie not a comic book…but the most empowered I have ever been was after seeing Wonder Woman in theaters for the first time

12 Likes

:thinking: hmm not sure. There’s l are a lot (still have to read the at the furies :sweat_smile:).

I’m just going to say all of them in one way or another do something from comcis to movies to games.

3 Likes

Gotham City Sirens and Birds of Prey run with Barda (BoP 100 something I think?) are my two favorites.

6 Likes

Justice League of America 2013

3 Likes

4 Likes

“If the prospect of living in a world where trying to respect the basic rights of those around you and valuing each other simply because we exist are such daunting, impossible tasks, then what sort of world are we left with? And what sort of world do you want to live in?” -Wonder Woman #170

4 Likes

5 Likes

Birds Of Prey (Gail Simone has a ton of my favorites).

3 Likes

Also, I’d be remiss if didn’t mention my favorite WW storyline Eyes of the Gorgon & The Brave & The Bold #33 Ladies Night.

3 Likes

Taken the proceeds from these strong female characters you use to make money or any of your IP and do something for our ladies. You wanna pander or be a hammer for justice? I’m sure there’s plenty of shelters and organizations that could use the help. Where’s the outrage for the monstrous things being done right now to our beautiful and strong women of the Muslim faith by the CCP?

Stand up for our Amazons.

5 Likes