Never read Green Lantern before, is the new Grant Morrison stuff okay to start?

@SuperBraniac

:grinning: I wish I were a troll. I’d be much taller! Morrison is poop. You are entitled to your own opinion of course, but I’m finished with him. Take care!

@Kayleelynn

Good day! The easiest thing to do is start with certain collections of GL. ‘Emerald Dawn’ is the best introduction to Hal Jordan. Then, follow into the ‘Death and Return of Superman’ ( I know, I know, but that series has a major character defining arc for Hal.). Then, ‘Emerald Twilight.’ Stick with Kyle Rayner for a little bit and go on up to GL: rebirth from Geoff Johns and continue that and the subsequent Blackest Night, Sinestro, Red Lanterns, Green Lantern Corps all the way to the end of "Green Lanterns’ (with Jessica Cruz. She’s great.) and ‘Hal Jordan and the GLC.’ Stop there. You wont be disappointed and there’s loads to read. Check out the character pages online for other characters like Sinestro, etc. if you want a little more info on them in case you miss a storyline but don’t want to go back through again. Enjoy!

Wow. Sounds like Nate only wants to read extremely boring and unimaginative comics that hold your hand the entire way through.

Now that sounds like the real poop to me. But hey. As said it’s all subjective, to each his/her/their/its/etc own.

Personally I wanna read Good/Fun/Creative comics that can challenge my very perceptions of reality. But hey, that’s just me.

3 Likes

Just a very friendly reminder that while we appreciate passionate discussions and debates from our community members, please don’t attack other members. Remember that we can disagree about viewpoints without disrespecting one another. :slight_smile:

Read the first issue when it came out. If you’re a Grant Morrison person, you’ll like it, if you’re not, you won’t.

1 Like

I know this is off topic but how do I start a thread

Nobody’s responding and I think it’s a simple thing to answer

Really? Nobody’s gonna answer have I made you all mad or something?

I’m sorry for typing a lot but can someone answer me my questions I’m just confused and I want to talk about one of my favorite shows and have a little positivity right now because nearly every thread I see Is just so mean and negative

Hey mods can you delete those middle two comments I don’t want anyone to see them I was just having a bad day yesterday

@woodenhead74.39568. Howdy. To make a new thread, head to the main community page. At the top should be a button/widget/whatever (I’m old) that says ‘start a new thread.’ Click on that and follow the instructions, if there are any. Add hastags as needed. Remember to follow the rules and try to be nice (but get used to being called a troll or worse for having a different opinion on any given subject. My advice? Develop thick skin and remember that this, like all other social media is inherently pointless and you can walk away from it at any time. Do not let it run your life.). Hope that was helpful. Enjoy! And watch Swamp Thing. Its really good.

It’s not a bad place to start just not the best a nice condensed version of gls reading order is
Emerald Dawn
Emerald twilight
Zero hour
Geoff johns run
Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps
Morrison’s run

1 Like