Neil Patrick Harris as booster gold

Honestly I like the casting, but like most people have commented, he is a little old. It’s like all those people that used to fan-cast Nathan Fillion for Hal Jordan in Live-action. I know he did voice work for him in some of the movies, but the fact is he would be too old for Hal is they were starting new, unless they did something like what they did with Ben Affleck in Batman v. Superman where he has been doing this for a long time(which is something I liked and could work for Hal as well).
Couldn’t give alternate fan cast though.

3 Likes

I blame the studio for the predator!! that movie is a living breathing studio note of a movie. I truly believe that the studio interfered so much with that movie that shane black gave up and put in every studio note he was given in the movie! That movie was studio interference personified!!!

!actually youre wrong about the nice guys being mostly about shane blacks talent as a writer! it was a combination of that and the chemistry between gosling and crowe. also I saw in interviews that gosling and crowe would talk for hours about the scenes they were filming and would work together to get everything perfect. they even together settled on the exact number of times the bathroom stall door would slam repeatedly for perfect comedic effect. He has just been typecast as the aforementioned quiet pretty boy.

1 Like

Yeah well maybe Shane Black shouldn’t have brought in a sex offender with a bad history he knew about to work with women in a set that could lead to dangerous situations. I don’t blame them for getting involved. The only Shane Black movie I like is The Nice Guys.

1 Like

its morbidly ironic that of all the things the studio micromanaged they left the sex offender thing alone…

Yeah, well, I don’t think it was a well known thing at the time (clearly since most of the cast had no clue), so I put full blame there on Black. It was a really awful thing to do and he lost pretty much any shred of respect I had for him after that. Anyways, im driving this thread off topic, sorry.

1 Like

I’ve always pictured NPH as the Riddler but Booster would be a good fit too

1 Like

Booster Gold has never been my favorite, but this casting could change my mind! Your pick is awesome and I totally get behind it!

2 Likes

Injustice comics of all things sold me on booster gold!! HE PUNCHED A DINOSAUR AFTER GETTING DRUNK AND TIME TRAVELING

Booster gold was never muscly he was always thin and not strong looking. that guy could play blockbuster though. he looks the part of the 90’s nightwing comic blockbuster

I feel like he could play a great Booster Gold, he always seems to play energetic charismatic characters really well!

1 Like

Ryan Reynolds maybe

I think he’s doing Deadpool with the MCU still. He’s posted photos of going to their offices. May be nothing, but that is the one X-Men series that did well for Fox. I doubt they’ll cut him. And, to be clear, while so people have been in both universes, typically they’re in much smaller roles than Deadpool. Cool casting though. I’d be down for it haha

Agreed. Gosling has had roles where he comes out of his shell so to speak but I do not believe he has the level of personality that Booster does. Booster is overtop. Sue me but Ryan Renolds would be the type you’re looking for lol.

1 Like

I could see that

1 Like

I would vote for NPH to play Buddy Baker in a live action “Last Days of Animal Man.”

I think the kid who plays Archie on Riverdale would be a good Booster Gold.

1 Like

Agreed.