Negative Man's Cook Book, Week 3: The Invisible Banana French Toast

Week 3 a little late, hehe. But better late than never! Speaking of “never” Super heroes never lose at the end of the day, but in order to keep up with fighting the forces of evil they need to start out the day with a good breakfast!

Straight from the pages of “DC Comics Super Healthy Cookbook”, released October, 1981…
"Food you need:
(Serves 2)
1 egg
½ Banana
½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
3 Slices Whole Grain Bread
2 Teaspoons Butter or Vegetable Oil
Serve with Maple Syrup, Applesauce or Yogurt

Tools You Need:
Small Knife
Measuring Spoons
Blender
Soup Bowl
Fork
Frying Pan

1. Peel and cut up the banana
  2. Put egg, banana and cinnamon in blender. Blend until smooth
  3. Pour batter in soup Bowl
  4. Heat(or melt butter) in pan on medium flame. Lift pan slightly by handle(use a pot holder) to make sure the whole pan is greased.
  5. With fork, place one bread slice in batter. Turn bread over to cover both sides with batter.
  6. Put bread in pan. When one side is brown(check by using fork to gently lift one end of frying bread) turn bread over and brown other side. Repeat with other slices(if pan is big, you can cook all slices together)."

I recently bought this book off of ebay actually. Pretty funny stuff actually. It all looks really tasty, but other stuff is pretty basic. Hope you guys enjoy! Make sure to share pictures if you decide to make these! Tell any stories if you have them. Leave any ideas for next week’s cookbook recipe!

batmanbatter.jpg

5 Likes

im diffently gonna try one of his recieps next time i cook whish DC would make a cook book for him

2 Likes

You’re killing me with these recipes, @Mr.marooned - they’re so good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MissInkBlock there’s something really cool and really silly about DC themed food. There’s a lot of them and hopefully I can get every single one on here!

3 Likes

I completely agree with you :slight_smile: Have always loved tv-themed recipes. Have you seen the youtube channels and blogs that re-create foods from well-known shows and movies? There are a couple I follow. Thank you for posting these weekly, btw, I love seeing them!

2 Likes

I love this!