Negative Man's Cook Book, Week 2: Larfleeze's Orange Lantern Cookies

It’s already week 2?! Wow, that much closer to Doom Patrol! The Hype is Real! And that Trailer, sweet. Speaking of “sweet”, for this week we will be having Larfleeze’s Orange Lantern Cookies!

Straight from the pages of “Larfleeze Christmas Special”, released December 22, 2010…
"Cookie:
¼ cup butter (softened)
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate (thawed)
1 teaspoon of orange zest
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
A dash of salt
½ cup white chocolate chunks

1. Preheat your earth-oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a big bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and orange zest. Then add egg and vanilla until it looks delicious.
  3. In a small bowl stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and dash of salt together.
  4. Add the small bowl to the big bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in white chocolate chunks.
  5. Drop small balls of dough across a greased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Let the cookies cool as you mix the frosting

Frosting:
2 tablespoons orange concentrate (thawed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

1. Mix all of the above until it looks like frosting!
  2. Spread the frosting across cooled cookies (it will melt otherwise)!

This recipe makes about two dozen cookies, enjoy!"

Make sure to share pictures if you decide to make these! Tell any stories if you have them. Leave any ideas for next week’s cookbook recipe! At one point I know we are going to run out of canonical recipes, and will probably move on third party stuff, so im thinking when we reach that point we can, ourselves, share and come up with ideas to try and make out own recipes for dc food like all the food at Bat Burger, or a big belly burger, a Jitters coffee, some Taco Wiz stuff, and maybe get some recipes for Soder and Zesti Cola.

larf008a.jpg

10 Likes

OMGosh, I am so doing this.

2 Likes

I hope Larfleeze washed his hands. He just looks so dirty and filthy most of the time.

Anywho, I’d love to find a recipe for those sodas you mentioned. Don’t forget about Jim Lee’s Whak Soda. It’s Divine in how Right it is to drink it!

cracks open a Dr. Pepper and pretends it’s a can of Whak Viva le’ imagination! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Behemoth.Revenlord make some and post your batch here!
@Vroom, dang, didnt know about Whak Soda. So much food, so little recipes

3 Likes

@Mr.marooned, give Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday (it’s a Wildstorm mini) a read and you’ll know Whak Soda real quick :slight_smile:

1 Like

i hope negative man has a cook book

1 Like

Me too. I hope it’s not “To Cook Man”.

1 Like

Definitely want to try this!

1 Like

I may try these this weekend!

3 Likes

@Applejack make some and post how they turned out here! I saw on the internet some people were adding their own flavors and changing the lantern core! Chocolate flavored black lantern cookies? Could be good!!!

2 Likes

Are there any substitutes that could make the frosting green? Any Ideas? Maybe I could make the green lantern symbol out of chocolate chips.

1 Like

Of course! Most of the flavor comes from the cracker itself. The frosting can easily change

wayyyy too cool

couldnt find his cook book so ima try this recipe

Ok, so I admit, my cookie-frosting skills are sub-par. But the cookies are delicious! I’ll be eating them during the Doom Patrol Watch-Along tonight.

Full disclosure - I’m eating them now too :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

7 Likes

Awesome!!! The perfect snack for a DC Filled Friday!

2 Likes

I really don’t bake much but those look delicious!

2 Likes

I would enjoy some of those, @JLWWSM! Pretty doesn’t always mean delicious! :yum:

2 Likes

I have made these in the past and strictly for presentation purposes, I added orange food coloring to the frosting. They are delicious!

3 Likes

Do they taste like a shortbread or more of a sugar cookie with chunks?