It’s already week 2?! Wow, that much closer to Doom Patrol! The Hype is Real! And that Trailer, sweet. Speaking of “sweet”, for this week we will be having Larfleeze’s Orange Lantern Cookies!
Straight from the pages of “Larfleeze Christmas Special”, released December 22, 2010…
¼ cup butter (softened)
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate (thawed)
1 teaspoon of orange zest
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
A dash of salt
½ cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat your earth-oven to 350 degrees
- In a big bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and orange zest. Then add egg and vanilla until it looks delicious.
- In a small bowl stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and dash of salt together.
- Add the small bowl to the big bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in white chocolate chunks.
- Drop small balls of dough across a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool as you mix the frosting
2 tablespoons orange concentrate (thawed)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Mix all of the above until it looks like frosting!
- Spread the frosting across cooled cookies (it will melt otherwise)!
This recipe makes about two dozen cookies, enjoy!"
Make sure to share pictures if you decide to make these! Tell any stories if you have them. Leave any ideas for next week’s cookbook recipe! At one point I know we are going to run out of canonical recipes, and will probably move on third party stuff, so im thinking when we reach that point we can, ourselves, share and come up with ideas to try and make out own recipes for dc food like all the food at Bat Burger, or a big belly burger, a Jitters coffee, some Taco Wiz stuff, and maybe get some recipes for Soder and Zesti Cola.