Negative Man’s Cook Book, Week 8: Gotham City Egg Toast.

Welcome back Super Fans of Super Food! We have an eggxellent recipe for you.
Watch out for those wacky villain’s, wouldn’t want you to end up with egg on your face. HAHAHA!
This week crack an egg or two with us. Thankfully the Raccoon Ceremony was last week, so no need to fret Egghead isn’t in town (Batman, 1966 S02 E13) Pow Boom Kraaackkk Zzzinng! It’s time to get crackin’ & cookin’! Lucky for us, our gracious host, Mr.marooned, happened upon Larry of the Doom Patrol & they are both going to help us whip it on up in the kitchen! Eggsquisite!

Difficulty Level: 2

Ingredients:
2 thick slices challah bread
¼ cup milk
1 large egg
1 drop of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar

How to Make It:

1. In a bowl, soak the sliced challah in milk, one slice at a time.
  2. Next, crack & beat the egg into a second bowl, dip each slice of milky bread into the egg mixture.
  3. Heath butter in a frying pan using low-to-medium heat & brown the bread on both sides, then remove the French toast from the heat.
  4. Using the Batman symbol stencil from the back of the book, decorate each slice with confectioners’ sugar. (Place stencil on the toast & sprinkle sugar over it then remove the stencil) Orange slices make a nice garnish.

Extra tid-bits to consider: use any type of bread like food, berries are also delicious on this, as is a bit of whip cream. I enjoy the sugar + syrup on mine. It is an eggxecutive treat!

Difficulty Level is a 1 being the easiest & 3 being the most difficult.

Tools: 2 bowls, 1 fork or a whisk, skillet, spatula, stove-top or campfire.
Batman symbol cookie cutters work just as well as stencils for creating that perfect look!
Yummy Yummy! Find me & Mr.marooned @ your local Gotham Diner. Chow!

10 Likes

Holy Yolk Batman! That Bat Symbol is coming from that most eggxellent toast!

2 Likes

Yummy!

3 Likes

& it’s a downright nifty looking breakfast too!

2 Likes

“Crack and Egg on it”-Robin. Looks amazing!

3 Likes

Powdered sugar never look so good

3 Likes

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Finally another reason to use my bat-stencil! :rofl:

1 Like

For a savory version:
Replace vanilla extract with 1/2 clove of finely crushed garlic.
Make scramble eggs and use as a replacement for confectioners sugar. Or make an omelet and use bat symbol cookie cutter to cut out symbol from omelet and place on top.
Garnish with red Chile salsa or suratcha on top of plate and green Chile or tomatillo sauce on bottom.

This gives you a Batman & Robin or Dynamic Duo.

1 Like

it’s nice of Alfred to put little bats on all of Bruce’s food.

2 Likes

I know what I’m making for breakfast tomorrow! :yum:

1 Like