Need Help Remembering a Certain Superman Storyline/Limited Series…

There was a limited Superman series, within the past decade or so, where Clark was just discovering the limits of his powers. Didn’t know if/how much he was bulletproof, hadn’t come across kryptonite, didn’t know the limits of his speed, that kind of thing…

I remember really enjoying it, but can’t bring up the title for the life of me…

Anybody have some direction? TIA.

10 Likes

Is it superman confidential?

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community @LWHendrickson! :wave: Maybe try Superman: American Alien or Superman: Birthright? There’s also Superman: Secret Identity, but I don’t think it fits as well. The latter two are also older than the past decade.

Maybe some of our resident Superman experts - @Don-El, @Vroom - can help narrow it down further?

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything in the meantime! :superman:

8 Likes

These were the two that I immediately thought of when reading the description. Or Superman: Secret Origin.

7 Likes

While it’s more of a one-shot, it’s also possible it could be this story:

8 Likes

The series mentioned by others above are the ones I would also suggest.

5 Likes

Just in case none of these are what you were looking for, Superman Smashes the Klan (a loose adaptation of a story from the radio show) also serves as an origin of sorts that fits this bill, although I can’t remember if Kryptonite shows up.

6 Likes

@Jurisdiction does krypotnite show up in Superman Smashes the Klan?

5 Likes

You didn’t ask me, but… it does!

5 Likes

Thanks

5 Likes

No prob!

5 Likes

I don’t believe so

3 Likes

I stand corrected

3 Likes

That’s odd, I asked you because I remember you saying that was one of your favorite comics. That’s ok, I made a mistake once.

3 Likes

It is one of my favorites. I just have no recollection of kryptonite being in it. Maybe in one of his flashbacks?

3 Likes

I know it shows up in issue #1 and #3. In issue #3, the Klan figure out that Supes is weak to it and use it against him. Plays into the accepting his alien heritage angle.

I wouldn’t sweat it, though. Even though Kryptonite is in the story, it’s far from being one of the most important things about that story.

2 Likes

I doubt this is it but was it perhaps the novel “It’s Superman”? I remember that being a focal point of it. Obviously not a comic though.

2 Likes