Neca DC vs. Aliens/Predator 2 Packs

Hey folks,

Don’t know if you remember these. Neca teased 'em in ToyFair 2017, but they were delayed due to licensing issues. Well…the Superman and Batman sets were announced today as San Diego Comic Con exclusives. Really stoked about these. Their website said limited quantities available for online pre-order next week. Hopefully those of us that are interested can get in on the action.

7 Likes

Here’s Batman.

2 Likes

I believe they’re based on DC/Dark Horse crossover comics that I’m not familiar with. Something to look up, I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, they changed a lot!

You mean compared to the prototypes from Toy Fair 2017? I don’t see any huge differences in sculpt…maybe slight variation in the colors, but that could the difference in cameras.

These are the ones I remember

2 Likes

Oh yeah I remember that Batman 2 pack. They showed it in Toy Fair next to Supes and armored Bats. I believe we may see that one during NYCC.

1 Like

I 'member these!

When they were going to be a general release, I was going to buy the Superman and armored Batman sets but as Comic-Con exclusives? I’ll pass.

There’s two more sets: regular Batman and the Jokerized Xenomorph, with the fourth set rumored to be the Hal Jordan GL and a Xeno. Those are allegedly New York Comic-Con exclusives.

These are neat, but as exclusives to cons, an easy pass. $60 a set multiplied by four means the whole kit and kaboodle will be $240, plus any shipping charges if you buy them from Neca online. That’s just too expensive for me.

$30 a figure is not too bad of you like the Aliens/Predator line. In my case I’m probably just gonna store them. Paying for a figure I don’t want sucks. Definitely want the Superman and the regular Batman. On the fence regarding armored Batman. I hear they sell out pretty quick, so may not even have be able to get them from Neca.

1 Like

Right you are regarding the fast sell-outs of CC items from Neca. The whole blink and you miss it deal with them doesn’t sound like any fun to me.

I’ll see what Mattel has in their CC hopper instead. Word has it they may have a Batman item for an exclusive this year.

1 Like

The Batman ones look fantastic! If they are con exclusive I will just have to admire from afar! Thanks for posting the pics I have never seen them before.

2 Likes

@KamAndi80, you’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:. They are SDCC exclusives, but Neca will have limited quantities on their site for sale to the general public this week. Check their website for details if you’re interested.

1 Like

Sold out in 5 minutes…pffft…whatever. What sucks is that they only offer both 2 packs together. Wasn’t really feeling that Batman.

No surprise they went like lightning. Oh well.

Strike one Wednesday, strike two Thursday…finally secured a set today. Will be my first con exclusive anything. One of these years…probably when I’m way too old to even be considering it…I’m gonna make it to Comic Con.

2 scary aliens walk into a bar…

1 Like

Alien looks cool.

Superman’s like ‘Where’s my friggin’ beer?! I’m gonna torch this place!’

1 Like

Just got this guy. Supes means business.

1 Like

Gotta love the S on the back.

1 Like