Neal Adams and George Perez

I have been deeply saddened by the passing of two legendary artists in the past week: Neal Adams and George Perez.
For me, Neal Adams drew the definitive Batman for me and brought him back into the shadows. Every time I think of the look for the character this is what I think of.
I was so excited to join one of his live Instagram sessions where he was drawing and answering fan questions. I told him I was an artist and how to break into the comic industry. He suggested I copy copy copy the styles of artists I like to develop my skills and make my own style.
George Perez amazed me with how much detail went into every scene he drew. I could not believe he could draw so many characters and still be individualized. Crisis on Infinite Earths was a favorite of mine.
The only way I know to pay tribute is by drawing, but I know it pales in comparison to what these two men had accomplished. Heaven has gained two amazing stars who continue to burn bright.

6 Likes

These look awesome™:+1:.
Great tribute

3 Likes

Two talented artist, I’m so thankful that their artwork will live on forever in both DC Universe Infinite and Marvel Unlimited for fans to enjoy reading for many years to come. They will be miss.:pensive:

3 Likes

Thanks. It was difficult news and I cope by drawing

3 Likes

Agreed. I still have my Avengers issues, JLA/Avengers (first release) and my Crisis trade paperback that I had Jerry Ordway sign. Only wish I had gotten to meet George.
I had also made my homage to one of Neal Adams iconic covers.
It wasn’t long ago I drew my tribute to Denny O’Neil. Hopefully Neal and he are still telling stories together.

3 Likes

They are my two favorite comic book artists of all time. Gone together into the great comic convention in the sky.

Their like shall never pass my way again.

5 Likes

3 Likes