:00_dc_2016: Naomi Season 1 Discussion Thread :00_dc_2016:

No.

2 Likes

E2

Awesome™:+1: episode.

Naomi is told it all. She’s an alien. And D thangarian and friends with Supes. Interesting

The friends try to solve the mystery. Cool stuff there. Definitely Scooby vibes. Then a face to face with Zumbado.

Her dad joining Steel’s alien defense. Interesting also the fact that it was steel. More DC things than I thought there would be.

Now she’s embracing the powers.and flying.

What powers will Naomi possess? How will this effect the family? What’s Zumbado’s plan? All this and more Same McDuffe Time Same McDuffe Channel

4 Likes
6 Likes

Liked this a lot better than the comic. Characters are all quirky and fun in their own way.

It looked like Superman was fighting Steel in those videos. I’m still not convinced that there won’t be some kind of crossover. As I stated in the Superman and Lois thread, these shows are begging for it. This show feels as much separated from the arrowverse as Superman and Lois, hopefully Diggle shows up here too.

If anything I feel like Superman needs to show up just to break the show out of constantly referencing him, I know this is kind of a marketing move since this show airs after SandL but in the long run if that continues it could hold the show back from standing on its own.

2 Likes

Well, I enjoyed this episode a good deal. I love Dee mentoring Naomi. He has easily become one of my favorite characters on the show. And I still like that it is unfolding at a deliberate pace. I enjoy a good mystery. At any rate, it looks like next episode we might have actual superhero action.

5 Likes

Now THIS episode was really enjoyed. In iZombie, Seattle was the homeland of zombies, in Grimm, Portland was the homeland of Wesen and in Naomi, Port Oswego is that homeland of aliens, hahaha! Seriously though, just how many aliens are in this town?

4 Likes

Well, we got four for sure. It was never clarified if Adam Blake was an alien although it was certainly implied. That would make five counting Naiomi. Maybe more depending on how long the explorers live.

3 Likes

E3

Awesome™:+1: Episode

The mystery continues.
They get the disk or so they think. Like the friend group a lot in this. Just great interactions amongst them. Then the fire is set and trouble begins.

Zumbado looking for the 29. Interesting who they are. :thinking:

Naomi learns more and her training with D was cool. Also Adam Blake or according to comics it’s the name of Captain Comet. Interesting.

Now she knows more about the disk and the risks of power but her parents knew along.

What other powers does Naomi poses? Who are the 29? And What is there purpose? All this and more Same McDuffie Time Same McDuffie Channel

3 Likes

Adam’s an alien for sure.

2 Likes

Adam Blake is also called

Captain Comet, the earliest Silver Age hero

Naomi Just Introduced a Surprising DC Cosmic Character

5 Likes

Not if the show is sticking to his comics origin.

He’s connected to aliens, though.

2 Likes

Oh, he’s not an alien in the comics?

2 Likes

No. He’s an Earthling who was born with his powers.

3 Likes

They should have a crossover Superman and Louis and Naomi they should some how meet in a episode.

3 Likes

So far I’ve only seen the first episode which seemed to have potential, but I honestly wasn’t feeling the character too much. Like, I hate to use the term because it’s overplayed, but I got some Mary Sue vibes from Naomi. Like, we have this young, nerdy girl who runs a very popular Superman blog, but still friends with EVERYONE, with almost a small army willing to do some B&E for her, and she’s suave enough to land herself in a love square between two guys and a girl vying for her attention? I mean, it’s not impossible for all of those things to be a thing, but it felt like a lot very fast.

Also, I found the whole Superman thing super confusing. Like initially when “Superman” slams into the town, there’s NOTHING to suggest that he isn’t real in this universe so it felt like, well, a standard Superman story. Even saying that there are comics of the character wasn’t enough for me because in the comic universes there have been comics based on them.

Then there was the investigation stuff where Naomi is talking to this car salesman guy (or was it the tattoo guy, can’t remember) about the Superman thing, he says this ridiculous thing about it being a stunt for his business and she just…believes it? With no hint of irony or anything?

I dunno. I want to give it a couple more episodes to see if it grabs me – some of the comments here look a bit promising – but this was easily one of the weakest pilots I’ve seen with a DC show.

6 Likes

That could be cool – honestly, I kind of assumed that there would be from the start. And it’s on the same day, so they could easily set it up as an event where one episode leads to or plays into the other.

5 Likes

Yeah exactly like where she (Naomi) goes to smallville for something and they meet somehow

4 Likes

You shouldn’t have.

Naomi has absolutely no connections whatsoever to any of the DC TV series that have either been launched on or aired by The CW since 2012, and is only the second DC TV series to air on The CW since Smallville that was not produced by Berlanti Productions (the first being Swamp Thing, which The CW aired as ‘filler content’ last year).

People have this expectation that Naomi will have overlap with other DC TV series based solely on the fact that it’s aired on The CW, which is as foolish as expecting crossover between Law and Order SVU and The Blacklist just because they’re both programs aired on NBC.

4 Likes

Wow, so he’s a legit metahuman, even more than other metas we’ve met in the other shows.

4 Likes

I have read in more than one place that Adam Blake is the first mutant in comic books. His first appearance was in 1951, 12 years before The X-Men.

3 Likes