Naomi and the Multiverse

I hope CW’s Naomi finally brings back the Multiverse, it’s been too long and annoying that the Arrowverse still acts as if the Multiverse is dead.

2 Likes

Doubtful the creators wanted it gone. Maybe Stargirl changed their minds.

1 Like

It’s kind of impossible to tell Naomi’s story without it, if you’ve read her comics.

3 Likes

Not all adaptations are equal. Just look at most of Disney’s “adaptations.”

1 Like

They really haven’t stopped doing the multiverse – I mean, Superman and Lois literally had a huge plot point about characters being from parallel worlds.

6 Likes

I hope you’re right and the showrunner understands this. It’s about time the other Arrowverse shows acknowledge the Multiverse again.

1 Like

No, I mean the OG shows act as if the Multiverse is gone, now that you mention it Superman & Lois too.

1 Like

Ugh, thx for reminding me of Mulan :laughing:

2 Likes

I remember Supergirl had a minor storyline with people from other earths that got stranded on Earth-Prime. In that one they thought those people’s respective Earths were obliterated.

The heroes of Earth-Prime still believe the multiverse is gone after Crisis. They don’t know Oliver rebooted the multiverse. So far, @Jay_Kay is right in that Superman and Lois have recently addressed other Earths. I want to say they think John Henry Irons’ Earth is gone, but Natalie showing up at the end could make for some interesting conversations down the line.

Look, we all know eventually the heroes of Earth Prime are gonna learn the multiverse is still out there. With shows like Naomi and Stargirl being set on different earths, they’re bound to eventually crossover. We just gotta be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But their plot point is John Henry Irons slipped through when Crisis happened, same as Kate Kane’s sister, just in this case since John’s double in the main earth was dead, he was able to stay.

So it specifically doesn’t acknowledge the Multiverse still exist.

And is Naomi set on a different earth? Superman is in the clip they showed some time back briefly. I mean it doesn’t have to be the Superman and Lois Superman but is there a reason to believe it isn’t?

1 Like

Natalie got through, and it seems like it was well after John left his Earth. I think we’ll have to wait until the season premiere tonight to see what happens with that.

1 Like

There is zero evidence that Naomi exists within the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse.

2 Likes

It looks like Naomi takes place on an Earth where Superman is a comic, sort of like Superboy Prime.

They said we wouldn’t get any crossovers this season, so we’ll more than likely have to wait for the second season to see Naomi meet anyone else from the Arrowverse or even get a designation of what Earth her show takes place on.

3 Likes

You’re assuming that Naomi is part of the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse, but as I said above, there is zero evidence that it is.

1 Like

First, it’s only the pilot. We still have a long way to go. Second, as Crisis has shown, any DC property is part of the multiverse, regardless if it’s connected to the Arrowverse or not. A different Earth is part of the multiverse. The multiverse comprises of infinite earths.

3 Likes

You are operating on two misconceptions here:

1. That the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse is as large following the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover as it was prior to that event

2. That any and all DC TV and film properties currently exist within the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse

Currently, the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse comprises the following (and only the following) non-Arrowverse properties:

• Stargirl
  • Titans
  • Doom Patrol
  • Swamp Thing
  • The Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh/Helen Slater Superman/Supergirl film series

I noticed you omitted the Green Lanterns of the Earth shown at the end on Earth-12.

The multiverse was restarted at the end of Crisis. It showed us that Earths we previously thought were lost were recreated—Titans and Routh’s Earth being perfect examples. It also showed us new Earths—the new Earth 2 with Stargirl.

It showed us some of MANY Earths in the multiverse. We see in Oliver’s narration multiple Earths splitting. You’re gonna sit there and say they only split into six Earths? Come on! They flat out showed it was expanding when it restarted.

Look at Superman & Lois. They’re a part of the New Earth timeline, and in this timeline John Henry Irons’ Earth was destroyed by Kryptonians. To our knowledge, this Earth didn’t exist or interact with the other earths until Post-Crisis. Steel’s Earth is a whole new Earth in the multiverse.

It’s a silly thing to argue about because at the end of the day, unless the network decides to do another Crisis or bring in older characters for cameos, none of this is THAT important. With people of Earth Prime believing the multiverse is gone, it allows them to have their cake and eat it too; shows can either continue the thread or they can slowly introduce inter-earth crossovers when the time is right.

We know Naomi isn’t gonna team up with any of the shows this season. We also don’t know if it’ll get a second season, so for now let’s just enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

The chances of Naomi ever crossing paths with the Arrowverse are, realistically, slim to none.

Also, there are likely more worlds within the Arrowverse’s current internal Multiverse than the ones we saw glimpses of at the conclusion of the CoIE crossover when Oliver rebuilt the universe, but it shouldn’t be assumed that they are or can be equated with any specific non-Arrowverse DC television or film properties, current or past.

The one exception to the above, it could be argued, is Smallville because Marc Guggenheim did hint in comments made after the airing of CoIE that Earth-167 had in fact been rebuilt by Oliver, although he didn’t say so definitively.

2 Likes

This is assuming Naomi gets a second season. We take for granted that new shows will continue, but there’s always the possibility that it could be on the bubble. That’s gonna come down to viewership.

I still want to see where Naomi is going. We just hit the pilot and have plenty of episodes to go.

2 Likes

It is extremely doubtful that Naomi will ever crossover with the Arrowverse because of one very specific thing that sets it apart from every other television series or film property that has previously been grafted into the Arrowverse’s internal Multiverse: not a single person with any connection to the Arrowverse is involved with the production of Naomi in any way, shape, or form, and there has been zero indication from anyone involved with the Arrowverse in any way that they are aware of the existence of the Naomi series or have any interest in it in any capacity.

There has also been no indication from Ava Duvernay, Jill Blankenship, or anyone else involved with the production of Naomi that they would be interested in or open to the possibility of working with the producers of the Arrowverse in order to facilitate the establishment of a connection between Naomi and the Arrowverse.

The establishment of a connection between Naomi and the Arrowverse, in terms of practicality and logistics, would be the television equivalent of Amalgam Comics, and is therefore not something that should either be expected or viewed as being a foregone conclusion.

1 Like