Name the Character(s)… Best Fit for the Scenario!

You put their names in the title. Fire can defeat the cold-powered villains and Ice the heat-powered ones.

Batman is top in both categories. My next choice for a detective would be Jo Mullein, since she’ll be the Infinite Frontier’s greatest detective by the era of DC: Future State. But I don’t know how often she’s on Earth. Then I realized a cheat code: They don’t both have to be geniuses. Commissioner Gordon has been able to fool Batman into thinking he doesn’t know his secret identity. The world’s greatest detective and the only person who can fool the world’s greatest detective are the perfect choices.

Well, the Shade’s powers are dependent on his confidence. Fortunately, Jessica Cruz is an expert at both light and finding alllllllllll the dangers. After she defeats the Shade, Kyle Rayner shines his multicolored light into a prism that has been enlarged by the Atom, bathing the Earth in light. Of course, there are no seasons or years anymore… Well, you can’t have anything.

Flash (Wally West). He has super-speed and is unmoored.

Martian Manhunter can shapeshift into a gorilla to defeat Grodd while simultaneously using his powers to protect others from his mind control. Vixen defeats Cheetah, Krypto defeats Killer Croc (no one said they had to be the same animal), Beast Boy defeats Man-Bat. Animal Man defeats Copperhead, Yolanda Montez defeats Mammoth, and B’wana Beast defeats Killer Shark. And yes, I may have looked at the DC Database article on the Red to find out about different animal superheroes… There was no rule saying I couldn’t!

I’m considering reviving this thread since I liked it and @kingofspeedsters hasn’t been seen since 2020. Any interest? Are you still around KoS? I saw something above about another thread on Discord.

I’ll throw a prompt up so new comers can get the idea.

Prompt

Atomic Skull and Chemo have teamed up! They have already created a big toxic mess that is too dangerous for a normal person to get near! What one hero do you send to take them out? (Bonus points for cleaning the mess up too).

I’ll put up an anonymous poll to decide on the winner tomorrow.

4 Likes

Spongebob

2 Likes

… I’m refusing to count that. Even if it should win by default.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

2 Likes

firestorm

2 Likes

A very good answer! A solid win for @Izzy11 !

Prompt 2:

Joker and Zsasz have started fighting with each other in Arkham! All the cops and Bat-family are busy. Who do you send in to put those two back behind bars?

3 Likes

Someone who isn’t afraid of being instantly murdered.

3 Likes

Green Lantern lives in Gotham and is not Batfam, so I am sending him.

2 Likes

are they hurting other people or just each other, cause i really dont see the problem in letting zsasz and joker kill each other you know

2 Likes

I’m operating under the assumption that after they finish with each other, someone will have to stop them. Some heroes might stop them before they do each other in though.

If there is no other answer by tomorrow morning @MatthewHecht wins.

2 Likes

@MatthewHecht wins!

Prompt

Something terrible has happened. Batman and Alfred have the flu! Ra’s al Ghul is sending assassins after Gordon! Who do you send to stop them?

Bonus points if they can also cook chicken noodle soup and clean the batcave.

The winner for this one gets to make a prompt next, if they want.

3 Likes

Cassandra Cain

She’s a canonically better fighter than Bruce, making the Ra’s fight faster and better. She’s shown she can take care of herself (no way she can’t make CN Soup). And she has the drive to clean the cave.

2 Likes

Onyx. She’s the best fighter in the bat-fam, even beating Cass a few times! She also knows a vast majority of League secrets!

1 Like

Peaches. She will claw Ras up.

2 Likes

I resent this completely true accusation but would like to point out that I wasn’t feeling my best at the time.

1 Like