Name something you love about DC Universe

The massive library of comics and the fact that it gave us the best (imo) DC adaptation ever with Doom Patrol. Now I am upset that WB couldn’t couldn’t stay committed to Swamp Thing. However, I’m genuinely excited for more original TV shows, even more so than a lot of upcoming DC movies.

1 Like

The comics. So many great comics.

Also the animation. Watching Batman with my children right now and it is so fun watching them fall in love with the characters I love.

1 Like

The comics and community!! Everything else is just icing on the cake.

1 Like

The comics, Titans and Doom Patrol.

1 Like

Doom Patrol alone is worth a full year of membership in my eyes. The comics section is worth multiple yearly memberships. The animated shows have been a very pleasant surprise (I hadn’t watched much animated DC content at all before getting this app). The community has also been a very very pleasant surprise. I didn’t say much in the community until Doom Patrol started coming out and I started having stuff to say about the show. Then I got into the trivia and games here, and now I’m pretty much everywhere in the community. Overall, the different sections of the app work really cohesively, and I think the community is what ties everything together.

3 Likes

:heart:DC Daily :heart:

2 Likes

Titans

The Comics

I would love it if they bring back Aquaman Special, and add more specials!

I would love it if they bring back Aquaman Special, and add more specials!

It’s not the CW

2 Likes

Never before has there been a platform devoted to all things DC. It’s almost like a comic convention every day where you choose the exhibits you want to check out. Comics? TV? Movies? News? Comics? Hard core DC Comics fans have to experience reading a comic via a large screen HD TV! For a long time fan like me, DC Universe is like The Watchtower or Hall Of Justice. It’s the headquarters for news and entertainment featuring the characters and stories I can’t get enough of. In a word: addictive.

5 Likes

The comics and having a place thst is just DC

5 Likes

I love their new Youtube ad!!!

2 Likes

Quite sincerely, I adore this community. There are so many clever, knowledgeable, and passionate fans here. It’s an absolute pleasure getting to know all of you. :slight_smile: Thank you for the very kind words, as well. You’re all the real heroes here.

8 Likes

The comics.
And the community.
And Doom Patrol.

4 Likes

so glad you posted this, been seeing a lot of unnecessary negativity and it’s good to see some positivity

Anywho, I LOVE the fact that I don’t have to do endless google research to find out more information on DC related things. Whether it’s comic related, character lore related, etc…all I have to do is post and BOOM! 10 mins passes and I got response from fellow DC goers advising me in the right direction.

I even found someone through here who is a true craftsman who is currently working on a special DC collectible/project from scratch (didn’t ask his permission so not going to share specifics) that I’m buying from him later this year. Like what!? I got to connect with an actual artist who does this for fun. I would never of discovered him if it weren’t for dcu

4 Likes

Young Justice.

I remember having jitters on the Friday morning it premiered: after so long, did the creators still have that vision, that magic that made the first one so amazing? After waiting so long, there was probably no way it could live up to the hype.

It did. Spectacularly.

2 Likes

The Mods.

3 Likes

Fan Creation Fridays is my Favorite.

When i was programming reports for the users I used to make a game of it - see if i could do the extract and report in COBOL and put the sort in the middle via JCL. My goal was to get it all done in an hour.

Now i have a new game - follow the Prompt given and do it in 100 words or less, in a few minutes. And a few people like the result!

Much better than the contempt i got from on line Gotham Writers classes mainly from students ( because I wrote mainly chapters from my unfinished novel, not short stories; subject matter of Science Fantasy and Alternate World and Doppelgangers, my spare writing style, with little descriptions of people or locations and my Age - they were all in there early twenties) but occasionally from non involved teachers who did not control their class, so i gave up Writing after doing the Write A Novel in a Month, part of which is on line here but not in Chapter Order. It is nice to Write again.

The members here are also much nicer. No one calls me stupid or inept or a horrible writer, though i still write too much, like in a reply like this.

Now I look forward to Fridays for my prompt Also for Original Content on the same day.

After Writing, I like

Community
DC Daily
Original Content
HUGE Comic Library
OLD TV Shows, Live and Animated
Animated Movies

Well worth the yearly fee.