Moro’s Corner

Thanks @DC89. It pales next to what some other members show off, but very happy that you like it :smiley:.

6 Likes

@moro, if you should feel a need to pack your Super Powers figures away again, I know a guy that can watch 'em for you, especially the Clark Kent figure. :wink:

6 Likes

You know what? If I ever do feel the need to retire the 4 little guys from display, I would seriously consider giving them to you. The only reasons I’d hesitate:

• Sentimental… but with you I know they’d be in hands that cherish them.

• Future value. Don’t want to kick myself if they become worth so much that selling them makes sense.

Maybe it’s best to hunt down another Clark Kent and send it to you for your birthday or something :wink:

7 Likes

Awww, dude. :blush: You don’t need to do that. That’s nice of you to say, but I would never deprive someone of Kenner Super Powers joy.

Although, my Batman does need a cape and I do need Wonder Woman and Clark…:thinking:

No, I’m kidding. You hang onto them, @moro. I appreciate your kindness, but they’re your’s for the long haul, buddy. :superman_hv_4:

Birthday Clark Kents would be fun. :wink:

6 Likes

:joy: Noted.

Ever consider repro capes from ebay?

6 Likes

Nah, I always prefer the real deal first and foremost.

However, if it looks and feels just like the real deal (and is a good deal as well) then that’s fine by me, as I’m not terribly picky.

6 Likes

@moro: new Clark/Supe’s premium format getting ready for release over at Sideshow-

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @DC89. It’s beautiful, and I can maybe, juuust maybe make room for it, but my credit card statement is telling me to behave!

6 Likes

Been a while since I updated my collection thread. My focus is starting to shift from DC Trinity to just Superman. Partly because of personal preference, and partly because money and space just don’t allow me to buy every piece I want. I have one more Kotobukiya statue and a DC Direct figure set on the way. After that, I plan to stop hunting for older pieces. Here’s what things look like now:

10 Likes

Fantastic display here @moro- great stuff!

5 Likes

You are always kind to me (and everyone else) @DC89. :pray:

6 Likes

I previously deleted this video. Had to play around a bit with youtube settings. Re-uploading here:

8 Likes

Great collection and a nice room. I could see spending a lot of time in here.

Needs more Wonder Woman. :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you!

More Wonder Woman, huh? Any particular piece or version of Wondy you recommend for a specific spot?

6 Likes

I don’t have anything specific to recommend, I am just always in favor of more Wonder Woman! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

You really do seem to have all the good ones. I like how you really focus on the realistic figures. They look really good together, and it’s nice how there is a specific trinity theme. There is something to be said for a focused approach to collecting, given just how much is out there and how expensive collecting can be.

And having a room like that is super relaxing. Everybody needs a room.

5 Likes

May I come over for lunch and drool look at your swag?

Specifically, those rad Super Powers figures. :grin:

4 Likes

You may! Probably best to eat lunch first, to keep drooling at a minimum :joy:

4 Likes

If I bring lunch, do I get extended time to scope out your wares?

Fun Fact: I was this close to buying a Super Powers Clark Kent earlier this month. I went to the store I had seen it at (who had him for cheaper than the eBay average) and…he had sold. Oh well. Maybe a better deal will come along in the future. The search continues.

4 Likes

How much was it offered at? Checked ebay prices a few months ago and the going “sold” price was around $100. Think I got mine for less than half that.

4 Likes

Roughly $80. It looked to be in good condition too.

I’m going to spend more time trying to find a loose Brainiac in good shape whose leg wasn’t chewed off by a dog (or Ghostbusters terror dog, as some eBay pictures seem to imply). Once I get Brainy, then I’ll nab Clarky.

4 Likes