My Super Grandmother passed away today

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see this until now. May she rest in piece

2 Likes

@Horizon_Brave I understand, my friend. Most definitely a painful experience. My Grandmommy was a highly intelligent, highly compassionate woman. Watching what that ass of a disease did to her was not only heartbreaking but disrespectful to her humanity as well. I know you understand with your Nana. Sorry you and your family had to go through the same thing. You have my understanding and respect.

4 Likes

@DCCOmicCrisis, but hey we can both remember the best times with them right? You seem t have a very special memory with her, so that’s all that counts. Hang onto that.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family and may her RIP

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss

2 Likes

I just found I’m to be a Paul bearer at her funeral this wed. That means the world to me.

I hope you forever remember her. It is always hard to lose someone.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, @DCComicsCrisis; our thoughts and condolences with you and your family during such a trying time :frowning: She sounds like she was a gem, and such a wonderful person, who’ll definitely be missed, but always remembered. Thank you for sharing your memories of her with us.

2 Likes

She was an amazing woman.

3 Likes

My wife is 71, and is in the early stages of dementia. One of the reasons I got back into comics is for the escape from reality they provide me as her caregiver. I understand your loss and will pray for your family.

4 Likes

@BrightKnight and my prayers will be for you and your wife.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss, DCComicsCrisis. Your grandmother was a remarkable woman who shared a great gift with you. Wow! God bless her.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing such a powerful and personal story with us. What a wonderful woman. The Fleischer cartoons are a favorite of mine as well. Like you said, she’s in a better place now. I wish all the best to the people that love and miss her.

4 Likes

My condolences to you and your family. She sounds like she was a wonderful person. Cherish those memories of her and hold them close to your heart. I Also had to watch as both my grandma and mom slipped away because of dementia and it’s a sad thing to see. I try to remember them both as they were before the disease.

3 Likes

im really sorry for your loss man. we’ll get through this.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. Her story and impact is incredible and it is experiences like that which makes it all worth it in the end. Inspiring for a lifetime.

2 Likes