hermione-angry

:00_aquaman:

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m not too excited about The Joker: Year One either. :wink:

5 Likes

I was reacting to the lack of Aquaman comics lol :00_aquaman:

4 Likes

To quote one of my all-time favorite movies, “The hell you say.”

Seriously though, I would hope a new Aquamag comes along at some point.

If The Lost Kingdom makes waves at the box office and everywhere else it needs to, I bet we’ll see a new Aquaman title at some point next year.

3 Likes

I’m expecting an announcement of a series around the time the movie releases. But that would be a street date of March at the earliest. You would think that they would have the series drop when the movie releases, to take advantage of the hype. The last Aquaman series we had was Aquamen, which ended up being an incognito miniseries that ended at the beginning of Dark Crisis. Our last proper ongoing was the DeConnick run, which ended during Endless Winter. :00_aquaman:

3 Likes

As a marketing man, I agree.

But…we’ll just have to tread water and see what comes up next year.

Now, as cool as a new volume of Aquaman would be (I’d be in for a new volume of Aquaman and The Others as well), I’d also like to see Aquaman: The Animated Series come about.

3 Likes

Knowing DC lately the next Aquaman comic will be a 6 issue mini.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting an animated series pretty much my whole life.

3 Likes

I will throw a trident at someone :00_aquaman:

2 Likes

Well, we do have the Filmation Aquaman show, which is full of charm and entertaining in its own way.

2 Likes

Well yes, and I’ve watched it multiple times. I’m more thinking of a Bruce Timm style animated series, though :00_aquaman:

3 Likes

Bruce Timm=GOLD, so I’d watch that, too.

Now, the question is this: If Timm did oversee ATAS, which Aquaman would he lean towards?

Silver Age? Peter David? New 52? A delicious stew of everything Aquaman as Timm has done with other shows?

In any event, I would love to see Timm’s take on Sub Diego and Underworld.

3 Likes

I feel like it would be the modern version. He’s currently a mix between Peter David and New 52.

2 Likes

Do you think Timm would involve The Others?

1 Like

hmmmmmm. Maybe

The storyline that they were introduced was amazing. So I could definitely see them being used if he goes with that story. :00_aquaman:

2 Likes

I say if dc can’t put out a aquaman comic at least give him a back up thats what they did back in the day and it worked

3 Likes

looks like an aquaman story started in the brave and the bold 7 by gabriel hardman.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a 3 part story. But that’s kinda what I’m talking about. Aquaman is a founding member of the Justice League of America, and has been so in every retelling of the origin. The other members who are always founding members (Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern) pretty much ALWAYS have an ongoing comic. Aquaman should get the same treatment. Shouldn’t have scourge the seas to find Aquaman stories hidden in other books. Now don’t get me wrong, I love DC comics as a whole, and I don’t gripe too much. But when my favorite comic book hero of the last 30/35 years seems to be getting the shaft, I get a little irritated lol :00_aquaman:

5 Likes

Well not in The Animated Series, but he was a key character in a very well received episode each season and highly loved in his appearances. It was also confirmed that he was the top pick as a backup member.

Green Lantern just had a good while without an ongoing series and now has one. Hold out hope we get a similar work for Aquaman.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m gonna get flamed… what’s DC Connect?

1 Like