My Free Trial is Ending, But I'd Like to Stay Around a Bit More

I wanted to express my thanks to the kind folks who welcomed me here to the community since I signed up on the free trial. Since I got started, I’ve read a total of 46 comics, mainly those surrounding the storylines found in the Superman/Wonder Woman series. My decision to stay is based on this new freedom to explore the back catalog of Wonder Woman related stories and also to explore a bit to see how other characters might appeal or not appeal right now.

So for the time being, I’ll be a monthly subscriber to the DC Universe Infinite program, and I think I’ll get a lot out of being here. I suppose if you’re reading this post and thinking about trying out the free trial, a helpful suggestion would be to pick out a super hero of your choosing and look for a series run that you can dig into, and then see where the storylines take you from there. Chances are, you’ll venture into other series that will peak your interest.

I also found the ads helpful, actually. For example, Batman teams up with TMNT, something I’d like to read and see artwork. I tend to save comics as I go along so I don’t forget to check them out in the future.

Thanks all for reading. I’ll see you on the boards.

13 Likes

Aww yay! And @Michael_Porter let me tell you that we are all excited to have you aboard!

Catch you on the flippity flip!
flippityflipmscott

7 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of DC, Michael! You’ve got years and years of reading ahead of you to come, and we’re always around to talk about it.

7 Likes

You are making me wish the library still worked properly, and I could see what I read in my free trial. I remember going through a few Justice League comics that I did not enjoy.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize about the library not working properly. I’m sorry to hear about your time with it not working. I decided to keep a reading log on the side so that I can notate any identification of the comic, like pub date and story arc name, to help jog my memory. It helps me to have reading plans for any book I try to finish.

I can relate to not enjoying stories and not wanting to read them again, for sure.

3 Likes

Hello @Michael_Porter! Happy to see you’ll be staying! :tada::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hello to you, too, @Razzzcat . Thanks for the warm welcome. I see you are part of Harleys-Crew. I am sure I’ll get more into her storylines down the road. In the past I have enjoyed stories that focus on her crazy-zany-over-the-top relationship with the Joker, and getting some more of those sounds fun.

2 Likes

Hello again @Michael_Porter! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thats great! There’s definitely plenty :harleys_crew: to read! There’s also lots of clubs here! I too am part of World of Wonder :00_wonder_woman_gold:, as well as Birds of Prey :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:, and DC History Club! Come check out the club directory if you get a chance! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I found that directory really helpful when I first got here. The World of Wonder was near the top, and so I made sure to join. I’m hopeful to interact with other World of Wonder members as time goes on, too, as I am getting more familiar with the storylines that I have missed out on in the past.

1 Like

giphy

9242C874-F875-4F20-B94D-C8712F154F56

source

2 Likes