My First New Sketch (John Constantine)

So, I’ve been a bit busy lately. I haven’t really had time to get creative, although I have had a few minutes to spend in the community with all of you, which are some of the high points of my day. Anyway, this was a quick ballpoint drawing of John Constantine I did on some scrap paper as… let’s call it an apology. Hope you all enjoy!

-Batwing52

11 Likes

Nice job @Batwing52! It has a dark simplicity that sets a perfect scene for John Constantine. I really like the scratchy rain and the horizontal line work beneath him creates a lot of movement. Thank you for sharing with the Community!

5 Likes

Bloody Awesome

4 Likes

That’s dope! Great work @Batwing52

3 Likes

Ah, it makes me so happy to see your art again! I love his expression. Is he all “Bullocks” to be caught in the rain, or is this from a particular scene?

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@CynicalPink, I just drew him as having a Bad Rain Day. You know? Like, you had the day off from work, and you were gonna go to the park, and maybe grab a sandwich, and then it rained and you can’t do any of that. Definitely not projecting. Not at all.

3 Likes

Hahaha! It comes across very well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

“My name is John Constantine. I’m the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and arrogance. I’ll drive your demons away, kick 'em in the bollocks and spit on them when they’re down, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone. Because, let’s be honest… who would be crazy enough to walk it with me?” Great artwork mayn

3 Likes

Rad! love it, it all fits together so perfectly, awesome job mate!

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of Constantine tonight! Hope no demands are lurking around. I love how you did the rain, very cool looking! His cig needs an umbrella :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice. That’s a cool sketch.

1 Like