My DC Digital Movie/Show Collection

I have added some new series/seasons to my Vudu collection!

3 Likes

I want to do the switch myself but don’t know which digital service I should choose. I only purchase DC Comic movies myself and going digital would save me some room.

1 Like

That’s the great thing about Warner Bros. being a part of Movies Anywhere. It’ll connect all your digital titles to that service, Vudu, Apple, Amazon, Fandango, Google Play, Microsoft and more, so you don’t have to choose just one!

2 Likes

@arkhamassassin nailed it with MoviesAnywhere.com. The site links to multiple services. I prefer Vudu because I have found more deals on that service. The big two are Vudu and iTunes with Amazon a close second. The biggest difference is Vudu, iTunes and Google Play accept redeem codes. However, more codes will work in Vudu than the others. Also, you can get free movies by purchasing a DVD/Blu at Walmart. Sometimes they will offer a code, printed on the receipt - just make sure the code is printed on the receipt. Last summer I bought DVDs for like $6 and got 3 free Vudu codes for each DVD. Also, another thing to think about is transferring your movies. If you have a physical collection, Vudu is the biggest winner. On the app, if you have Android phone/tablet, or on the website, if you have an iPhone/iPad, you can scan barcodes on your DVDs/Blu’s and only pay $2-$5 per digital copy. If you have a DVD for $2 you will get the SD digital copy and can pay $5 for the HDX digital copy. If you have a Blu you will pay $2 for the HDX copy. (HDX is blu quality)

2 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ Is Walmart still offering the HDX upgrade for $2-5? Last time I checked it looked like that program was discontinued. Also, I recently received an e-mail from Vudu stating that it was being acquired by Fandango and look for more info to follow.

1 Like

I have not heard anything about Vudu being sold to Fandango but it wouldn’t surprise me. Currently, Walmart owns Vudu and this is the one thing I think Wally World got right. :man_shrugging:

They did have an application on computers where you could put the movie in your disc drive and transfer the movies that way. Around the beginning of January, this service died However, you can still do the transfers via the app or website on your mobile device (app for Android and website for Apple).

Here are some screenshots I just took to show the process using my Ultraviolet DVD.

1 Like

I can’t find a screen like that. I just turned on notifications, maybe it make it show up later. Here’s the email I got on the Fandango purchase.

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

IPhone / iPad

1 Like

@TravisMorgan
Ah, okay. This will make things a little more difficult but still easy to explain.

Apple will allow in app purchases but they want a cut of that money. So…many apps will not allow purchases to be made. However, on the website you will be able to do it.

Convert on iOS

1. Visit vudu.com/disc (on your mobile device) and click Convert Disc .
  2. Sign in or sign up (It’s free!)
  3. Allow app permissions.
  4. Scan, convert, and watch instantly

https://www.vudu.com/content/in_home_disc_to_digital.html

One thing to keep in mind when you are doing this, not all movie studios will allow this. For example Disney is not in this program so no Marvel, Star Wars or Muppets.

2 Likes

I went to that site, but I don’t see a convert disc option.

1 Like

Random question, are you signed into Vudu? According to the instructions there will be a convert to digital button.

1 Like

Well now I feel silly! See those 3 little bars in the top left corner? Press that. You will be able to sign in and I believe you will be able to see the disc to digital option.

1 Like

One more thing, once you click those 3 bars, sign in, then click “My Vudu”. I went to the website as opposed to the app and that was the location for me. Keep in mind I am on an Android but I don’t think the website would change.

1 Like

I was signed in. I had to go to the website and had to turn on location services for my Safari browser from my iPhone. Once I did that I could see convert disc button. It didn’t work on the iPad. Thanks for your help. I have a bunch of discs that I can now add digital copies.

1 Like

Doh! Stupid location tracking. That is the safeguard to ensure people don’t go to Walmart and scan barcodes.

1 Like

So, if I go to Best Buy, that’s okay? :rofl:

Haha, sadly no. I worked at video store and this was a new feature. Of course, I tried it and it didn’t work. You can borrow a movie from a friend and scan that bar code at your house there.

1 Like

Half Price Books? Thrift stores? :rofl: Serious question, movies only or can you scan TV shows?

1 Like

Sadly, no TV shows. :frowning:

Movies mainly work, just not Disney and weird indie companies. I would still scan the movie because it might work! I have been surprised a few times.

1 Like