My Custom Joivan Wade Doom Patrol Cyborg Figure... Finished!

i hesitate to say it’s finished, but i’m sick of working on it! i’m pretty pleased with how it turned out, considering my inexperience. thanks for looking!

head: marvel legends dora milaje
body: dc icons static
hands: marvel legends captain marvel
hoodie, pants, and shoes: ebay
materials: milliput epoxy putty, vallejo paint, apple barrel paint

original WIP post

I’m new to this (sculpting, painting, detailing), and I might scrap it, but here’s what I have so far! Everything but the base fleshtone, white/red eyes, and silver is an experiment with watercolor pencils, and I have to say it worked GREAT for the subtle coloring of the lips.

Thanks for looking!

39 Likes

That is sick! I wish I had the patience and skill to do something like that.

4 Likes

Thank you! All I had to sculpt was the cyborg parts; the head itself was repurposed from a Marvel Legends figure.

5 Likes

Nice job great likeness, keep it up don’t scrap it

2 Likes

thanks!

1 Like

I don’t understand how people can do this, that’s ridiculously creative. Just the patience and craftsmanship alone are hard, not to mention how meticulous and light handed you have to be. That truly is a gift man, keep it up!

3 Likes

thank you for the kind words and encouragement! the pencils make it a LOT easier. if you think you’d be interested in customizing figures, you should give it a shot!

2 Likes

I don’t know about all that, but I would be interested in watching you customize figures. This looks really cool; I hope you do finish it.

3 Likes

An MCU Falcon, or someone else?

That looks great so far! Very, very nice!

2 Likes

Dude that looks great!!!

2 Likes

thank you! the person i watch most to get my enthusiasm going is an artist named dollightful, on youtube. she does fashion dolls rather than figures like these, but it’s really fun and inspirational to see her work! HeXtian, too, and they’ve actually done some dc dolls:

thanks! believe it or not, he started out as…

…dora milaje! smaller dude, smaller dc icons body = smaller head!

thanks man!

4 Likes

Impressive work! I paint miniatures for role-playing games on occasion. But I’ve never customized an action figure before.

2 Likes

Wow that’s awesome

3 Likes

Thank you, @JohnD3rd and @NYJt3!

3 Likes

@biff_pow Not DC related, but I’d be curious to see your takes on MST3K figures, since precisely 0 exist.

2 Likes

Don’t you dare scrap it!!!

4 Likes

Really great work, it looks awesome!

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

nice

2 Likes

Never would have guessed— it looks absolutely amazing so far! I’m always so amazed seeing people be so creative, I would love to see more work in progress pictures as you go! :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes