My Custom Action Figures

Shouldn’t be too much longer

11 Likes

16 Likes

Incredible! This was so cool to see happen from start to finish.

11 Likes

Agreed with @staticshocks- thanks for showing us the evolution of this fantastic homage @TheTerrificToyman. :smiley: :+1:

11 Likes

Thank you.

No problem- when I saw the body for Marvel Legends Sentry, I knew I could make it work since most of the work was done. Just had to find a way to make the head work- once I figured that out, the rest was just sculpting and painting.

It makes me smirk that I have characters like Solaris, Lord Vyndktvx, Atomic Skull, Maxima, Death, Superman One Million, Manchester Black, Murmur, and Captain Carrot on my shelf.

And it’s great to share them here with you guys, who know and appreciate who those characters actually are.

9 Likes

Bonus one-

I found this at Hobby Lobby Sunday for $4.99

So I figured I could remove the spots with nail polish remover, use paint for any touch ups, and make him a cape and collar. So that’s what I did: fairly easy Krypto the Superdog :slightly_smiling_face: :superman: :dog:

17 Likes

I am super impressed by this Krypto. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That is a very good Krypto!

7 Likes

Started my attempt at making a head for Granny Goodness. 100%- sculpting hair is the biggest pain. So frustrating to try and get it where I want it, but this is at least a start.

11 Likes

Noice!
These are all pretty good, but I definitely had to comment on this one.

5 Likes

Sometimes the perfectionist in me comes back to bite me…

Looked at my setup, and decided I wanted to drop Mxyzptlk about 1/2 an inch. In doing so, I accidentally knocked over 5 or 6 figures- no biggie. It sucks, but it’s happened before and nothing broke so I gathered up the fallen pieces, and set them up again, hopefully sturdier this time.

But while I was dealing with this chaos, my wife was wrapping gifts and no one was watching the dog. And towards the end, only about 10-15 minutes mind you, I noticed that my Krypto was missing.

If you have a dog you know where this is going…

He ate my Krypto :man_facepalming:

Of everything he could have gotten, he at least got the cheapest/easiest to replace. But all the same- one step forward, two steps back… :pensive:

14 Likes

That’s so sad! Krypto was one of my favorites of the figures you’ve made.

8 Likes

No worries- I mean it sucks, but I will make him again.

11 Likes

Onto the next…

11 Likes

This fantastic achievement deserves a cheer!

Bric-A Brac-A, Firecracker, Sis-Boom-Bah!
Captain Carrot! Captain Carrot! Rah! Rah! Rah!

8 Likes

NOOOOOO. :sob:

There’s an irony there…dog eat dog…

My cat likes to eat/ruin things. Sorry that happened, especially since you work hard on those figures! :disappointed:

8 Likes

No worries- I really liked it, so I ordered another dalmation that I used to make it, and I have another cape. So I’ll likely have a new one within a week.

6 Likes

Worked on Granny some today. Still need to fix her hair, but I like how her face has turned out.

11 Likes

Work in progress

12 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :00_shazam:

7 Likes