My Custom Action Figures

I posted on the thread @TheTerrificToyman suggested, but I don’t think we have too many GENERALS and having a general thread for other people to discuss CUSTOMS they’ve MADE, or ways to work on their store bought (I’m not sure I’d ever be comfortable doing a paint job on something myself, since I don’t really have all that equipment, but I can see someone who has or knows friends IRL in their city who does model work or hobby work being very competent at that stuff). So we can definitely make a thread?

7 Likes

What if I just took the ‘My’ out of the title here and opened it up to everyone posting their own customs??

Y’all can 100% start a new one if you want- I’m just offering up this one as another option if you’d like.

8 Likes

Again, I didn’t want to derail your thread and there’s so much of your own work here - and I don’t think the community here frowns upon new threads.

As someone whose moderated, I’m just thinking outloud because one things mods like to do is make sure that we don’t have duplicate threads and don’t have excessively similar threads. I think what @TheBatgirlofNML is thinking of isn’t just custom figures like the ones you work on (action figures) and I can see being interested in posting about making something like a custom puzzle (and I know people also do stuff like knit or sew?):

So I think we can have a new thread?

7 Likes

Ahh, I gotcha.

I say go for it. It sounds like a great idea, and I’ll keep an eye out for it!!

8 Likes

Yup that’s more or less what I was thinking. Sort of a general “the making and completion of crafts and whatnot that are DC related” thread which under no circumstances should be the title. Toyman here does incredible work with enough frequency that it warrants its own thread. I don’t have either of those things so I’d post there. It’s not art or cosplay either (wait… is there a making cosplay thread?)

EDIT: There is a cosplay thread, I just checked. Cosplay Creation Discussion Corner

6 Likes

How does this look?

Also @TheTerrificToyman and anyone else, feel free to make suggestions on edits to the opening paragraph. The site did mention a possible similar thread, so I referenced it as well as the Custom Cosplay Thread, and that we already had writing threads (so I specified ‘tangible’ creations, as well as having multiple art work threads, including the people who make digital or otherwise simply transform existing digitized artwork.

And feel free to post your Custom Lego figs to start, so it’s not two immediate posts back to back from me to start this off?

7 Likes

Finished my version of Giganta. Not perfect, but I made that head completely from scratch, so pretty happy with her :grin:

13 Likes

Fantastic! You are sooo good at this! :smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

I gave my Magenta a new cape.

Might hang this ‘bent metal’ accessory in front of her as well.

11 Likes

That is awesome! Nice work. Love seeing a WW villain so well done.

8 Likes

Got to work on a few figures today. Always 3 or 4 going at once…:man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

12 Likes

My attempt at the Emerald Empress

10 Likes

Looks amazing! How long did this one take?

10 Likes

Not too long- I’m never sure exactly cause I start something then set it aside and get back to it eventually. I know this one was all done, then I realized it was having paint rub so I had to go back and sand down those areas and repaint them. But it’s a bettter figure now, so worth it.

10 Likes

Love to see some Fatal Five love.

6 Likes

Great paint work here. :+1:

8 Likes

“Attempt” is an understatement! This is crazy good as always. :smile:

9 Likes

Oh wow, this is cool.

7 Likes

I also found a 12 inch, well articulated Black Panther at an antique shop for $6. Didn’t know what I was gonna use it for, but then I had an idea. So I turned this-

Into this, the real form of Mr. Mxyzptlk from Alan Moore’s Superman Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow-

Mister_Mxyzptlk_Earth-423 (1)

For scale-

And a before and after, cause I think it’s fun

11 Likes

That’s amazing, I immediately knew whom that was.

6 Likes