My Custom Action Figures

I’ve been posting here: "Look What I Just Got" Thread

…but it occured to me today that most times it’s not true- usually what I just finished, I’ve been working on for weeks/months.

I also post here Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

But that thread is more of a place to collective share our wish lists for figures we want mass produced. It was probably the genesis for me actually attempting customs- I looked at all the figures we could have that we don’t and thought it couldn’t hurt to try.

So I’m gonna share my stuff here. I won’t have something new to share everyday, but I’ve made 9 figures so far and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon- I’m working on another 4 at the moment. They all take time, mostly collecting the right parts to work on. But I’ll update this with any significant progress I make (and of course finished figures).

9 Likes

Wow! That Silver Banshee and Solaris are incredible!

3 Likes

:scream: Looooving the Doomsday! His scream is my scream rn haha these are really great. A figurine company should pick you up immediately :+1:

4 Likes

I love my Solaris and Doomsday, but those 2 I didn’t create. I included them because a) they are custom figures that I own and b) they inspired me to give it a try myself.

6 Likes

Love this thread. You are a very talented individual. All the pieces you’ve shared so far look great, and can’t wait to see what you come up with next :slightly_smiling_face:. Will you be taking suggestions?

6 Likes

Definitely. I have ideas, but I could always use more.

4 Likes

I guess technically this was the first thing I customized, though it’s definitely not an action figure. I bought a souvenir starfish from a beach trip, cut into the center and used a beer cap for the eye, then painted everything to make my own Starro.

And I liked him so much, I made the Morrison JLA version as well.

8 Likes

This was the first custom I ever owned. Had it commissioned while I was working in Alaska. Variablepenguin in Instagram. He made the base and the light without me asking- truly went above and beyond for Solaris, the Tyrant Sun :sunny: :skull:

For scale- he towers over my other figures, as he should.

8 Likes

Great, because I have one for ya :slightly_smiling_face:.

Take one of these:

And transform it into something like this:

That Infected Superman figure from McFarlane has the best body mold I’ve seen on a 7” Superman. Customizers have been making their versions of a classic Supes from it. Something McFarlane totally should have done by now. Would love to see your take on it.

5 Likes

I like the idea of making a Kingdom Come Superman.

I’d seen that Superman Who Laughs body used for a Bizarro-

4 Likes

I bought this off eBay not long after I got my Solaris. I had a feeling Devastator would make a great Doomsday, but I didn’t have the skill to make it happen at the time (even now, I couldn’t airbrush him as well as this guy did).

7 Likes

As usual, very cool stuff @TheTerrificToyman! Thanks for sharing your creations.

5 Likes

Technically, this Lois Lane was my first custom figure. Simple head swap is all this was though, so I don’t count it as much as the next one I tried.

6 Likes

Here’s some of my progress on what I’m working on now

6 Likes

Oooh :eyes:

4 Likes

This one is what I consider my first actual custom. I still might give him a new head someday, and he has a 1/12 scale cigarette on its way in the mail :slightly_smiling_face: I wish McFarlane would make a Manchester Black, but if that doesn’t happen I’m happy with mine.

7 Likes

My others-

Business Suit Lex Luthor (w/ kryptonite)

Miss Gsptlsnz

Maxima

Silver Banshee

Atomic Skull

Lord Vyndktvx

8 Likes

Superman One Million

7 Likes

Should be ready to paint on this one pretty soon

7 Likes

Got this the other day- I’m going to turn it into Captain Carrot :carrot::rabbit:

7 Likes