My Custom Action Figures

I’ve been posting here: "Look What I Just Got" Thread

…but it occured to me today that most times it’s not true- usually what I just finished, I’ve been working on for weeks/months.

I also post here Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

But that thread is more of a place to collective share our wish lists for figures we want mass produced. It was probably the genesis for me actually attempting customs- I looked at all the figures we could have that we don’t and thought it couldn’t hurt to try.

So I’m gonna share my stuff here. I won’t have something new to share everyday, but I’ve made a lot of figures so far and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon- I’m working on another 4 at the moment. They all take time, mostly collecting the right parts to work on. But I’ll update this with any significant progress I make (and of course finished figures).

45 Likes

Wow! That Silver Banshee and Solaris are incredible!

9 Likes

:scream: Looooving the Doomsday! His scream is my scream rn haha these are really great. A figurine company should pick you up immediately :+1:

12 Likes

I love my Solaris and Doomsday, but those 2 I didn’t create. I included them because a) they are custom figures that I own and b) they inspired me to give it a try myself.

11 Likes

Love this thread. You are a very talented individual. All the pieces you’ve shared so far look great, and can’t wait to see what you come up with next :slightly_smiling_face:. Will you be taking suggestions?

10 Likes

Definitely. I have ideas, but I could always use more.

6 Likes

I guess technically this was the first thing I customized, though it’s definitely not an action figure. I bought a souvenir starfish from a beach trip, cut into the center and used a beer cap for the eye, then painted everything to make my own Starro.

And I liked him so much, I made the Morrison JLA version as well.

15 Likes

This was the first custom I ever owned. Had it commissioned while I was working in Alaska. Variablepenguin on Instagram. He made the base and the light without me asking- truly went above and beyond for Solaris, the Tyrant Sun :sunny: :skull:

For scale- he towers over my other figures, as he should.

15 Likes

Great, because I have one for ya :slightly_smiling_face:.

Take one of these:

And transform it into something like this:

That Infected Superman figure from McFarlane has the best body mold I’ve seen on a 7” Superman. Customizers have been making their versions of a classic Supes from it. Something McFarlane totally should have done by now. Would love to see your take on it.

12 Likes

I like the idea of making a Kingdom Come Superman.

I’d seen that Superman Who Laughs body used for a Bizarro-

6 Likes

I bought this off eBay not long after I got my Solaris. I had a feeling Devastator would make a great Doomsday, but I didn’t have the skill to make it happen at the time (even now, I couldn’t airbrush him as well as this guy did).

12 Likes

As usual, very cool stuff @TheTerrificToyman! Thanks for sharing your creations.

8 Likes

Technically, this Lois Lane was my first custom figure. Simple head swap is all this was though, so I don’t count it as much as the next one I tried.

12 Likes

Here’s some of my progress on what I’m working on now

11 Likes

Oooh :eyes:

7 Likes

This one is what I consider my first actual custom. I still might give him a new head someday, and he has a 1/12 scale cigarette on its way in the mail :slightly_smiling_face: I wish McFarlane would make a Manchester Black, but if that doesn’t happen I’m happy with mine.

13 Likes

My others-

Business Suit Lex Luthor (w/ kryptonite)

Miss Gsptlsnz

Maxima

Silver Banshee

Atomic Skull

Lord Vyndktvx

16 Likes

Superman One Million

13 Likes

Should be ready to paint on this one pretty soon

12 Likes

Got this the other day- I’m going to turn it into Captain Carrot :carrot::rabbit:

12 Likes