My Community Hero Haul!

He fits right in, doesn’t he? As if that’s been his proper place all along! :wink: Congratulations, @Jay_Kay, and thank you for sharing so many wonderful photos! We can’t put into words how thankful we are that you shared them with us, and we hope the package made your day as wonderful as you make ours daily! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Heh, I didn’t realize I had any of me in the shot, that’s funny. :laughing:

They’re good socks! In that they were cheap and have no holes.

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very awesome haul, especially that Arkham Knight trade! That’s one of my favorite arcs in recent memory, so it’s great to see it included among all the books that everyone’s been getting

3 Likes

That’s gonna be interesting, because I remember reading the prologue to it in Det #1000, saw the whole monologue of “Batman is bad because if you say it fast it sounds like ‘bad man’” and thought, “That is the most awful thing I’ve read in years!” But hey, Tomasi has bought a lot of leeway with me from his Batman & Robin run so I’m going to keep an open mind. :smiley:

1 Like

Well w/out getting into spoilers, I can definitely think of an excuse for why this version of the Knight would say something like that. Admittedly I’m also probably at least a little biased since I just love the idea of that character making the transition from the video game to the comics, but I really did feel like Tomasi came up w/ a legitimately interesting new version

3 Likes

Me too – when the game came out and they did the whole line of “making a new character to add to the mythos” I was excited to see this new character make their way into the comics. I’m just glad it wasn’t Jason again – boy has had more name changes than Prince. :laughing:

4 Likes

Thankfully Tomasi recognized that the current version of Jason in the comics could never work as the Knight. It would definitely be very interesting to see Red Hood encounter comics Knight at some point

3 Likes

5 Likes

Great haul keep up the great work

2 Likes

Congrats @Jay_Kay you totally deserve it with your wonderful posts and suggestions to read. That batman figure is great.
InexperiencedScrawnyHairstreak-max-1mb

But can we please talk about that chibi batman with supes carrying him :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Certainly! I also got that one for Christmas back in December. Dad apparently saw it online and thought it was a perfect fit for me. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s a sick poster.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Jay_Kay! That’s a great surprise to receive. I know my box made my day!

3 Likes

Nice budski that’s a rad haul​:+1: congrats!!!

4 Likes

@Jay_Kay I’m so happy to see this! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Super Congrats man!

4 Likes

I just found out the mods did this. You so deserved it. The people at DCU are so kind its awesome how friendly this community is.

2 Likes

A belated congratulations to you @Jay_Kay!

bw128

2 Likes