My Adventures with Superman

I’ve been loving this show. They’ve done it so well… from the voice talent to the animation… one of the best shows on TV these days

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @RedxCarbon! :partying_face: Glad you’re enjoying the show - please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :superman:

3 Likes

I’ve also been enjoying this season so far (welcome back, btw!).

Knowing that seasons 1 and 2 were produced in bulk, there’s only an incremental uptick in quality with the animation (not bad per se, but it’s Studio Mir doing what they can on a limited budget). However, the writing took a BIG jump this year. The characters and their arcs are more fully sketched-out and compelling. Even the pacing feels better here.

The voice acting has been solid, too. Shout-out to Debra Wilson, who gave what was probably her single best performance as Amanda Waller in 2x02.

4 Likes

Kinda like that direction with them, too. Even more fitting since aesthetically, Vicki Vale has the traditional Lois Lane ‘look’. With that, the rivalry effectively recasts her as being something of a dark mirror to this show’s Lois (perhaps, not unlike that preview of all the Evil Supermen we saw in Season One).

5 Likes

If I’m being honest, I am not enjoying this season as much as Season 1, this season is chock full of cliches that Season 1 stayed away from. I mean, Jimmy not once defending Clark, Lois and Clark not even talking to each other, just no.

2 Likes

I’ll admit that Clark and Lois not talking about important things in their lives is an annoying cliche. I remember a lot of people giving her crap for jumping off a building to push Clark to admitting he’s Superman, but the cliche of the hero hiding his identity from loved ones is stupid and doesn’t actually protect them. Plus this isn’t the first time Lois in any medium has done something like that.

Can you clarify what exactly you mean by Jimmy not once defending Clark?

3 Likes

I love this show’s portrayal of Jimmy. I don’t think I’ve ever liked him better compared to all the other adaptions we have got of him. Clark and Jimmy’s friendship is fun to watch too.

3 Likes

Luthor bashed the hell out of Clark and Clark looked to Jimmy and he said nothing.

3 Likes

O…M…G… this is the coolest thing! I need to catch up on the show.

4 Likes

Lol no waaaaay that’s hilarious

3 Likes

S2E4

Great episode.

Lois origins with her fathers as he tries to escape. Toy man appearance nice. But Sam leave and hurts Lois again. I don’t think he left this time but was taken​:thinking:.

Jimmy and Clark and a friend adventure. Nice moments between the two of them. The Lex starting that anti Supes propaganda. And now Jimmy feels guilty even though I don’t think Clark blames him for anything.

And then more miscommunication leads to the beacon. Definitely think Kara is Zod with the ending and teaser for next ep.

Will our trio clear things up? Is Sam going to corn back? What’s Lex and Waller’s next move? All this and more Same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel

1 Like

I seriously hope Jimmy and Kara are a ship, they teased it a lot in Smallville but it never became official, so I hope they do become a couple in this show.

2 Likes