My Adventures With Superman Starts July 6th on Adult Swim, Next Day on Max

Looks like it could be a fun show.
https://twitter.com/DCOfficial/status/1665735557874417666

10 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to watch it

7 Likes

Super happy about the news that it’ll be on Max the next day.

6 Likes

I’m gonna watch it because it’s Superman, but I really don’t like the anime setup

6 Likes

Saw it on Facebook, look like it’ll be a fun show to watch. Wish they’d also kept Batman: Caped Crusader on Max.

6 Likes

This popped up on my Apple News feed when I woke up this morning and checked to see if the world had exploded yet, or not.

I remember thinking about how similar some of this will be to Man of Tomorrow and that the more I listen to Darren Criss, the more I really take his VA take for a young Clark. Plus how similar this may sound when compared to what it is that Gunn may or may not do with Legacy (although I think people who expect something like this - a very young, still wet behind the ears, so to speak, intern Clark - are going to be a bit surprised when the first trailer drops for Legacy and it’s not quite that young of a Superman).

I’m still not sold on Quaid as the voice here - yes, I do think he’s a fine voice actor, I’m just not sure, even for a young Clark, that I think this is good casting, likewise for Lois. I’m a little more concerned with the VA than with the art work for her. Shockingly (for some fan boys, I’m sure), although he says very little in the new trailer, the VA for Jimmy is the one I have the least issues with!

All that said, I’ll be looking forward to checking this out when it lands. Doubt I will stay awake to watch it, but will definitely catch it next day.

6 Likes

Can’t wait!

6 Likes

Digging the poster as well:

7 Likes

If it on Adult swim, does this mean TV-MA?:thinking: Great, I hope not.

5 Likes

Someone else might know a better, more accurate answer, but I think the big difference between “regular” Cartoon Network and Adult Swim is how the ratings (the viewership #'s, not the sex/violene level). I don’t think them putting it under the Adult Swim label automatically makes it TV-MA.

4 Likes

Interviews with the creators said the target audience was kids, teens, and adults so it shouldn’t have a MA rating. It probably ended up on AS because of the all the changes that were going on with WBD and cartoon network at the time.

5 Likes

Looks awe:superman:ome™:+1:. Can’t wait.

5 Likes

Wish it’d be out a bit sooner. Seems interesting.

4 Likes

didn’t realize this was going to be a thing. but I’m excited for it. I’ll be watching on max.

4 Likes

Looks like another DC animated show on my watchlist.

4 Likes

For people worried about it here is the interview with the co producer where she was asked about the shows target audience.
" Q: What age group is “My Adventures With Superman” targeted at?

A: Much like the original 1978 film, we’re aiming for a wide co-viewing audience, where kids, teens, and adults can all sit down and watch together."

3 Likes

At first I thought it was going to be the type of show that would be somewhat close to Harley Quinn in terms of swearing and violence, because it’d be on Adult Swim. Then I saw the trailer and thought, “If it’s family friendly, why can’t they put this on more channels/networks, to expand the audience?”

Idk, that’s how I’d do it

3 Likes

How do they accomplish that on Adult Swim?

4 Likes

By also putting it on Max the next day.

Technically it’s premiering on Toonami which is a part of Adult Swim now and that’s where Justice League/Justice League Unlimited first aired. Those shows are probably the barometer for how “adult” the show will be.

3 Likes

Gotcha, makes slightly more sense

4 Likes