Musical References in DC

Thelonious Monk: Everything Happens To Me. Tupac Thug Life Hat.

8 Likes

Steve Miller Band: Abracadabra.

9 Likes

ZZ Top.

8 Likes

Led Zeppelin & Janet Jackson: Love Will Never Do ( without you ) Bette Midler: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

9 Likes

8 Likes

D’Angelo, Stevie Nicks, Madonna (lucky star lyrics), George Michael.

8 Likes

The Four Seasons: Oh What A Night, Eminem (Slim Shady).

10 Likes

Bob Dylan: The Times they are a Changin, Hole: Doll Parts, Offspring: The Kids Aren’t All Right. Katy Perry: I kissed a Girl.

9 Likes

The Trashmen: surfin’ bird lyrics/sounds. ( Thank u @TravisMorgan ).

9 Likes

Jeff Conaway, John Travolta: Greased Lightning, Barry Manilow, Bobby Darin: Mack the Knife, Nine-Inch Nails. Mariah Carey. All from DC One Million.

7 Likes

Hourman 99’- Elvis: Heartbreak Hotel, Beatles, Human League (band), Motley Crue: Kickstart My Heart, Momma Cass, Grateful Dead:Uncle Johns Band lyrics.

8 Likes

@capo-mage Could also be the Trashmen with the Surfin’ Bird. Poppa Ooo Mow Mow. Do you remember that song from the Ghoul?

6 Likes

That’s what it is. Good catch time to edit…I was thinking oom boppa oom boppa mao mao. Thank u. Man. That’s twice today. I said I was gonna quit reading comics & posting simultaneously & I should’ve listened. Just finished the Price ( what’s available ) & started back on Hourman. Did it again. I’ll return after I finish my reading lol. For real tho, I can’t concentrate on both apparently. Thanks buddy.

4 Likes

Hourman (99’j Grateful Dead: Friend of the Devil.

6 Likes

Reference to the Beatles.

10 Likes

Hourman 99’: Captain Beefheart, John Coltrane, Beatles, Woodstock 94’, The Rolling Stones, Kate Smith & Glenn Miller, Jimi Hendrix album.

9 Likes

The Flash (1987) #14 - Talking Heads tee on the thug

6 Likes

Infinity Inc 84’. Talking Heads ,AC/DC & Rolling Stone (bonus Nightwing/Starfire ship on cover).

8 Likes

Freedom Fighters- God Bless America, The Silencer- The Platters: When Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Detective Comics- Billy Joel ( basically the same lyrics, “all that” instead of “always ) Keeping The Faith Lyrics.

7 Likes

Secret Origins #12: Aerosmith. Infinity Inc.84’: Beatles, Saturday Night Fever (albums), Michael Jackson,

6 Likes