Congrats to @CynicalPink who claimed last week’s title of Kent’s Kitcheneer!
Got a favorite recipe from Negative Man? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?
Ready those ovens, dust off those aprons, and get ready to make some grub! Create your way to the top and be featured as Kent’s Kitcheneer for the month in our news section!
HOW IT WORKS
- Every Monday, I’ll post a new recipe for you to try in honor of a specific theme or character.
- DC it Up! Give it a DC inspired name, take a picture with a collectible or book of its inspiration, or bake an image right into it!
- Create the recipe right in your own DC Kitchen!
- Post your results here in this thread! Good and bad, we want those pictures!
- Let us know what we should do next week by voting below.
Crisis on Infinite Earths
What villain was your favorite during this suspenseful arc? Did any get redemption as the multiverse collapsed? Give them the props they deserve (or don’t) this week in the kitchen!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Last week, y’all voted for that scream-worthy sweet treat:
- Ice Cream!
Here’s this week’s example recipe:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blue and green food coloring
- Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk and vanilla. Add a large dollop of whipped cream and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Dye one bowl green and one bowl blue.
- Spoon dollops of each color into a plastic container. We recommend using a clear container, so that you can see the pattern from the outside!
- Seal the container, then freeze for 6 hours, or at least until stiff.
- Use an ice cream scoop to create globes that you can subsequently destroy!
Post your pictures in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorite to feature in the news section every month. Get that Kent’s Kitcheneer title!
What should we make next week?