💖Mrs. Todd's Final Party💖

You know what, if this is the Community’s final Armageddon, then we can at least have one last hurrah. You know the rules, no fighting no arguing no morality contest, let’s just have fun until “What Was I Made For” plays. Let’s party and remember the good times. If there is anyone who is going down with the ship and not going over to Discord, then party like it’s 1999 babe! :champagne::clinking_glasses:

barbie-dance

Oh, and I’m not going over to Discord, hence why this is my last party.

26 Likes

I saw this thread before I saw the announcement thread LOL

crazy way to hear the news.

11 Likes

additionally, I hope your day is getting a lot better <3

11 Likes

Unfortunately it has not. I just found out that Comicstorian, the guy I give a lot of credit to when it comes to my love of comics, has passed away in an accident. It’s a really sad day as a comic fan right now.

17 Likes

Oh no, I’m so sorry about that news. He was so beloved. I’ve seen so many people say the same sort of thing, about how he helped kindle their love of comics. That’s a huge loss. :frowning:

12 Likes

Bye. I will remember the good times.

11 Likes

So, these are the last months of the community site, and we’re feeling rough about Comicstorian. In honor of both the bonds we’ve made here and the great Comicstorian himself, I raise this question:

QOTD: What piece of media solidified your DC fandom? A comic issue? A TV episode? Maybe a movie or a trailer?

My answer: I was raised on Teen Titans, but I think seeing The Dark Knight Rises is what lead to me becoming a fulltime devotee.

12 Likes

I grew up watching Batman '66. However, I first became a big fan of DC when my parents got me DCU. Once I read my first comic (Collapser), my love for DC was solidified, and I’ve become absolutely enthralled in this fandom.

14 Likes

bye bye. :wave:

8 Likes

The 60s Batman show. Specifically the Green Hornet crossover, King Tut, and the introduction of Batgirl.

As momma NML always said, it’s not a party of there’s not chocolate so I’m digging some bars I have hidden in case of emergencies like this!

Also, I just rewatched The Suicide Squad and I had somehow forgotten this scene and how ridiculous and funny it was.

814e9b4b-b31e-4ad2-ae6a-e763a83a0a45_text

Maybe this will help cheer someone up.

12 Likes

I will miss you. I was hoping I would be able to meet you at some sort of east coast meet up. But it might not have come to pass given your leanings on leaving the community regardless of the discord news. Meantime, back to the party!

9 Likes

I would say the Teen Titans 03 show. Batman and Robin movie and the Justice League Heroes game definitely made a fan as a kid. But don’t really remember a time when I wasn’t because my dad was a fan and just kind of grew around heroes and such.

8 Likes

:people_hugging: :purple_heart:

You actually acknowledged feelings and never ever de-legitimized them. And for most people lately, that has become such a rare trait.

Without a doubt you are one if the last great links to DCU.

13 Likes

Sorry you don’t want to come on discord

5 Likes

I’m here, I’m here! Please forgive the swamp smell, things have been crazy

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd you wanna hit the dance floor with me before taking off?

9 Likes

you will be missed but I understand your feelings.
Han Solo Salute GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 Likes

Me!

I still remember my first DC forum on the old AOL boards back in 1996!

7 Likes

Of course!

3E995E14-6FB7-4223-B055-917E4409EE1D

9 Likes

Best wishes

7 Likes

Batman '89 got me into Batman, so I think when I started watching the other movies that were out I started to latch on more. I also watched Teen Titans Go on TV for a whole summer, and then BvS and Suicide Squad 2016 came out and I enjoyed both. At that point my mom got me Harley Quinn comics for Christmas and I started reading.

9 Likes