Mother/Daughter (3yr Old) Creative Team Make Daddy Happy

I woke up to my wife and daughter using Youtube to learn how to draw. My daughter is 3 years old. I have been teaching her the ways of the DC Universe. She requested her mother draw Green Lantern and she colored it in. This would be some of her earliest work “staying” in the lines and choosing appropriate colors on her own. Pretty proud! (Updated with most recent drawings)

81 Likes

I love it! Props to all three of you!

12 Likes

Love it!!! She even colored the ring!

14 Likes

She did it on her own, too! I was pretty surprised

8 Likes

Best art it town.

6 Likes

Frame that immediately! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

That’s amazing, and what an awesome keepsake as she gets older!
#goodparenting

giphy

15 Likes

Awesome

6 Likes

Very nice :+1:. Way better then what mine would look like lol. Seriously tho, it is.

5 Likes

As you should be @Gothamite.ZJN! That’s adorable that your wife and daughter were learning to draw together and amazingly awesome that she chose a DC character to color. Excellent job all the way around! So heartwarming - thank you for sharing with the Community! :heart:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s better than I would have done at that age (or at my current age, for that matter). She even gave him a perfect facial expression.

5 Likes

Wow, your daughter is very talented, she is way better than me.

5 Likes

Wow thank you for all the kind responses! I’ll keep sharing any new ones! You’re reactions are really encouraging for her, I think! I read them to her today and this was her reaction:

20 Likes

That second photo :heart_eyes_cat: too cute!! makes me feel glad knowing there are little dc fans out there in the making

5 Likes

What wonderful teamwork! :smiley: Please let your little artist know that she’s very talented. I’m so very impressed by her hard work!

6 Likes

Awww that’s so awesome keep it safe works wonders when she turns into a teenager. I know I have a 15 & 12 year old girls. If I was you I would get that tattooed on it would be a very special tattoo you would be able to cherish it.

3 Likes

Cuteness :heart_eyes:verload!

2 Likes

@Gothamite.ZJN How nice of them to make it for you. So beautiful! And she’s a little cutie! You’re a lucky man. :+1:

3 Likes

@CynicalPink - oh yes, working hard at it. Sometimes she even thanks me for teaching her all about super heroes LOL out of nowhere. She shares the love I think. DC is great because it has so many female heroes she can connect with, as well. Love that.

@SouthPark - She has been looking forward to coming with me on Wednesdays to the comic shop - I always get her one - right now mostly Disney Princess ones (though I did grab a 100 page Super Hero Girls issue for her). It’s not the easiest for her to follow at only 3, but I am laying foundation :laughing:

@ZatannaAndHerSpells - I definitely did. Really grateful for the encouragement for her - I knew posting here would be uplifting!

@jsmsiggy - Love the idea of a tattoo - She just did a Superman one today (will share once I scan it in) I’d totally tattoo that! Double meaning!

@KeyFamily - Totally agree, though I could use some lessons on maintaining her hair better - that one is on Daddy :rofl:

@TravisMorgan - thanks a lot! I feel that way - I have a second little girl (almost a year) to follow in her footsteps lol

5 Likes

Sweet!:blush:

1 Like