(Mostly) Wiped reading history?

This is not the end of the world or anything - just curious if it is a known issue.

I recently resubscribed and was originally a member on the original platform. Before subscribing, I did log in and see that my whole reading history was still visible. I always liked how far back DCU shows compared with other services that just show the last 20.

Now that I’m back on the app (and web browser), though, I only see 13 issues in my history (even if I click See More) compared with the hundreds that were there before. Again, not the worst problem, but it’s interesting that even my “dive back in” list goes back quite a bit further than my history page.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to resurrect my reading history?
    and more importantly
  2. Is this a known problem that is going to keep happening? If the history tends to get wiped regularly, I’ll be more careful keeping lists outside of DCUI. But if it’s a one-off issue due to the platform changing, that would be reassuring.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey there! Thanks for your patience while I confirmed the issue.

While it’s unfortunately not possible to restore your reading history, it should at least not be a recurring problem, so you shouldn’t have anything “wiped” again. If you do, please let us know so we can look into the issue further!

2 Likes

Thanks! Just out of curiosity, do you know if there is a limit to how many are supposed to be displayed in the history? If they start disappearing at 100 titles, for instance, I can know if it is expected behavior, etc.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure if there is a limit, or what the limit would be in that case. I’ve got about 20 in my history right now (slow reader …), but I know it goes back as far as 50 at least.

1 Like

I know that I took a breather from my normal reading and read the entire Injustice run, and when I was finished, most of my reading history was wiped out except for the Injustice stuff.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I’ll bring that up to be looked into then, since I myself am not 100% certain of how the comic history feature is intended to work in regards to any sort of numerical limits or displaying frequent-reads only. Mainly I’ve been told it shouldn’t be an issue, so this now makes it just that. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for confirming!

1 Like

Just as a followup to this, my entire reading history has been lost again as of today. Just two books on the list now. And my “dive back in” section no longer loads (I have another post on that topic).

My account seems to be very screwed up.

@staticshocks I am having this issue too. I’ve been a subscriber since the beginning, and I just logged in after a long while and tons of my read history is gone. Example, I’ve read most (possibly all) of Batman and The Outsiders and all of that history saying it’s been read is gone. There’s only a small number of books showing to be read. Way less than what I have actually read.

Hey there and welcome back to the community, friend @RockoandSocko3. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this issue. Do you mind sending a ticket into support by clicking here?

We appreciate your patience!

Hey @LastSon0fMars I just tried the link and it’s taking me to a broken page

Hey there @RockoandSocko3 — just to confirm, the link is still active. Please try revisiting the link or clearing your cookies/cache.

@staticshocks still broken on my end . I wonder if it’s because I’m on mobile. I’ll try doing it on my computer later today

@staticshocks @LastSon0fMars Ok so it looks like it was broken trying from mobile. I managed to file the ticket using the link you sent after trying on a computer.

1 Like