Most Underrated Performance in a Comic Book Movie

I am pretty sure that you are right. I just remember it being the first live action comic that made you feel like you were inside a comic book. It was so vibrant for the times and stayed true to the original narrative. Man, Its probably been 30 years since I have seen it. I watched it a bunch when it was released, but it was never one of those that got put in my library. I wonder why?

3 Likes

It looks amazing on Disney+

It’s not a 4K remaster, but they did a good job. It’s as good as its ever looked. The colors pop. Especially on newer screen with a wider color gamut.

3 Likes

Glad I have it, but I really do not like how AT&T, Disney, and Amazon own 95% of all media. Kind of sad. Really hoping that Netflix never sells to anyone! I will try to keep personal politics out of here. Especially since AT&T owns DCU now.

3 Likes

I agree. I’m actually paying more attention to music presently. I have a feeling Disney will end up buying Universal Music Group. That’s scary.

Anyway. Sorry. I won’t go off topic.

4 Likes

Yeah, no crap! Especially with Covid where it is. Mergers are happening with little to no over-site, We need to keep the economy intact, but I am afraid that if we consolidate too much, it could be bad for job growth once things get better.

Speaking to music: I used to have a production company in the Mid-West 20 years back. Before AIG and Ticket Master bought all the venues and right’s to most events. The little guy could compete and bring in good music. Now we all have to spend 10 times the face value to go to a concert in our own city. It is really getting bad. I won’t ramble on this in here either. You made a good point.

4 Likes

Last show I didn’t use a major vendor for was in 1996.

4 Likes

@ProfessorMustache oh god! I love it!

1 Like

I remember going to the grocery store and getting tickets in college or mail order from the bands directly, which was the most fun.

3 Likes

@TheTerribleToyman It took me a few views to get the joke and see how funny this green screen clip really is. How far we have fallen!

2 Likes

One of my students brought me a cup of coffee. That was the name she had given the barista. It was written on the cup.

I got a laugh and a coffee out of the deal.

I thought it sounded like a D-list bat villain.

My new profile pic was drawn by another student.

3 Likes

Definitely a D-List Bat Villain! I see a fan fiction in the works…!

2 Likes

Protagonist: The illegitimate son of Catwoman and Bat’s. Who finds out at 40!

2 Likes

He was adopted by a wealthy family in Gotham and became a history professor at Gotham University. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m all in on your take @Docsuture. Neeson’s interpretation of the Demon’s Head was fantastic. He framed Ra’s’ inner malevolence with a singularly charismatic eloquence and refined and edged the character in all the right places. Absolutely engaging in every sense of the word.

Also- I want a mask like his for the remainder of the COVID experience. :smiley:

LNM

5 Likes

Agreed @mccaggers91. Maya Hawk’s mama was so solid in her onscreen portrayal of Pam. Good stuff! :+1:

5 Likes

and they’re not allowed to have monopolies right? Pphhfffttt…

1 Like

Sounds about right for me too. Last was either Queensryche, or Don Henley.

2 Likes

Haha! Don Henley! Mine was Eagles Hell Freezes Over I believe.

2 Likes

I want this mask…

IMG_1249

4 Likes

YES! :joy: :purple_heart:

2 Likes