Most Underrated Performance in a Comic Book Movie

Levi was top-notch.

I think a lot of people disliked Eisenberg’s Luthor because it was such a different interpretation of the character. But really, Snyder’s vision of Superman and Batman were outliers, too.

3 Likes

Just watched it the other night. Great Movie. Don’t like the religious spin, but the roles were all solid!

1 Like

So, give me some prop’s for bringing it up in the first place! :laughing:

2 Likes

Personally thought Brandon Routh was a Good Superman. Just thought the movie itself stunk! As far as Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor … if he was Lex JR. or Alexander I would’ve been ok with that! But Not THE LEX that’s synonymous with Superman

4 Likes

When the cats misbehave I call them “Keanu Reeves” and “Nicolas Cage”…a couple of bad actors.

Okay. That’s a joke. Keanu has made some good movies; he just has a limited emotional range. Nic Cage has also been in some good flicks; he just goes so far over-the-top sometimes.

Anyway, I liked Constantine. I actually didn’t know the character before I saw the movie. I can see where fans wouldn’t care for it. I thought it was an entertaining movie and Keanu was good for the part he played in it.

3 Likes

I love it! Great names for trouble making cats! Agree with your points, why I think Keanu makes a Constantine and Wick work for him.

2 Likes

Oldman is the best Jim Gordon in the movies. Nothing tops the JG in Gotham though… The writing and character development, though off from canon in areas was really terrific and probably one of the greatest backstory builds in DC.

1 Like

great Topic my man!

3 Likes

Brandon Who? JK! :innocent: I can see your points about Lex, but remember that they needed to reshape most of the characters to fit the new DC JL mold. Eisenberg played a good Luthor. I could see Luthor in him, he became more intense and fanatical as the movie progressed. Nothing compares to OG Luther, those movies were so iconic it took DC more than 25 years to even think about the remakes. And Superman Returns was a flop, even though many of us liked the concept and most of the actors.

1 Like

I think Pacino as Big Boy Caprice is maybe the single most impressive performance in a comic movie. Ever. It’s all but forgotten.

4 Likes

Wow! I had forgotten it!

That movie was a big deal at the time.

3 Likes

Wow! We were all over here and you went for it! Great Call, I did forget about his role!

4 Likes

@mercurie80, As I roll this around in my small brain and memory banks, I am coming around to your premise. Considering the magnitude of roles and the brilliance that Ledger brought to the Joker, which is why this particular arc will never be revisited. Eckhardt was definitely overlooked for the role that he played. The scene in the hospital when he turn’s into two-face was really chilling, and the scene at the end when he went after JG. The psychology of two-face’s identity was much clearer in this adaptation than in others. I think Eckhardt’s range as a actor played to his favor with this role. Even his quips early on with Bruce Wayne and their respective love interest, It is quite fun to delv into these fanatical topics. I might have one for the board. But I do not know if it is quite ready yet. Make sure if you agree with this that you give @mercurie80 his props!

4 Likes

@Kon-El, I love your bio! I must admit Young Justice is what brought me to DCU. It is the single greatest work in comics in the last 20 years. I really hope that the creative minds at DC figure out a way to keep the story-line going and that the rumors around season 3 as the last season are just that. The writers left plenty of room for character development. Considering the multiverse, anything is possible. I just hope that it does not take another 5-8 years to realize what a mistake it was to cancel it again, in order to get a season 4.

2 Likes

@FillionAphile We’ll get a season 4. I have faith. :wink:

3 Likes

@clements.68485, great topic, kudos. You left it open ended and it allowed for great dialogue around several story arcs. You need a moniker that describes your inner nerd! like, “Let’s Talk About Lex Baby!” Only referencing because of your interesting topic. You can tell my inner nerd, i hope by my moniker…

1 Like

@Kon-E I really hope so, Young Justice helped me through some tough times in 2010. I want it to be around to keep bringing hope to others who question who they are and what they bring to the world. We all have a superpower.

3 Likes

@Kon-El going to watch Dick Tracy tonight. Thanks for the reminder. Have not seen since I was a kid. But I can still remember that chin and mug. Had nightmares!

3 Likes

Thanks.

I’m a Fillion fan, too.

I have been thinking about a new nick. Watch for it soon…

2 Likes

It’s good stuff. Pacino was actually nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor if my memory of a 30 year old movie is correct.

5 Likes