Most Shocking Moments in DC Comics

who knows anymore lmfao

4 Likes

I think it’s always been implied to be in Jersey because in the background of some of the older comics there’s references to counties, roads, and rivers that are in the state, but I don’t know of any actual confirmation in regards to “Gotham, NJ” specifically, and it could be because it takes inspiration from both NYC and Chicago. But I do like the idea that Bruce knows 19+ ways to take out a man, but might not know how to pump gas until he goes to places where there aren’t gas station attendants :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My own personal head canon is that Gotham City is New York City. Aside from the name (Gotham being a nickname for NYC), if you look at Golden Age Batman comic books, the skyline Gotham looks like that of NYC at the time. DC can claim it’s in New Jersey all they want, but for me it will always be NYC. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not to mention in my early historical picture books it was stated to be “New York City.”

3 Likes

I mean… if Gotham is technically in North Jersey, then it’s probably really close to New York:

4 Likes

Anyway, to get back on topic, I feel the need to remind everyone about Supergirl’s “horse” :rofl:

6 Likes

Well, I could see part of Gotham metropolitan area being in NJ! Let’s face, IRL the NYC metropolitan area extends not only into NJ, but even into Connecticut.

3 Likes

OMG, I didn’t learn about that until I was an adult. I cannot repeat what my first thought was, but let’s say it did not include the word “fudge…”

4 Likes

Ew that was disgusting

4 Likes

:eyes: Do I want to know what that is or should I just not look it up?

4 Likes

I mean, you can look it up, but it’s really gross. Comet the Super-Horse

4 Likes

Yeah I think I’ll pass :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

In the best possible way to describe this…
Supergirl had a horse that could shapeshift into a man… a really hot man apparently.

4 Likes

forgot she was a horse girl

5 Likes

Oh hell no, thank god I didn’t look that up.

Bet there was a lot of horsing around…I’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

Please stay lol

4 Likes

I mean, it was either the golden or silver age so I don’t think it showed much but… you get the idea, which apparently back then writers said “whatever you get out of the stable is what we’ll do” so… good times.

4 Likes

It was still a thing in the 90s…

4 Likes

Regardless, I won’t be able to read a Supergirl comic ever again without thinking of a horse.

4 Likes

Yeah… that’s kinda where most of us are at…

4 Likes