Most Shocking Moments in DC Comics

A thread to compile the most shocking moments in DC Comics

9 Likes

Marshal Law

6 Likes

The Death Of Superman in 1993! At the time I thought DC comics really killed off our beloved hero! :sob:
I honestly didn’t think he would come back, so at the time it was the most shocking and upsetting. Brilliant moves on their part!

9 Likes

Oh that one was nuts!! I mean, it was before my time, so I knew he came back, but it was obviously a shocker for sure!

6 Likes

Lex Luthor being terrible when he stole 40 cakes.

11 Likes

Kind of a thread that invites spoiler discussions doesn’t it?

Strange Adventures reveals plenty of big secrets but I think #11 might be my favorite because it’s Alanna confronting him on his biggest lie yet. What happened to their daughter? I thought he was horrible by then, but it was this moment that shocked me.

7 Likes

Jason Todd’s death and return. Regardless of how you may feel about it personally it was something big in terms of comics history.

9 Likes

I’m sure there are more I can’t quite recall right now, but the ones that come to mind first are:

DC Universe: Rebirth #1 – Batman finds the Comedian’s button

Batman: Endgame – Eric Border is revealed to be Joker

Three Jokers – Joker’s wife and child are still alive

Injustice – Alfred kicking Superman’s ass

7 Likes

Oh but it was such a highlight of the series istg

7 Likes

Absolutely! Shocking in the best possible way

7 Likes

this for sure

god lex luthor is a great villain

8 Likes

@wrrrryyyy12 whats this from?

6 Likes

superboy the boy of steel is what its collected as
i think its from the adventure comics thing tho
i want to eventually buy this one and buy the non new52 superboy comic because this and that are great

6 Likes

I definitely need to check these out! Thanks @wrrrryyyy12!

6 Likes

no prob as a superboy fan i try to read all appearances and this happened to contain a very shocking moment by lex so i posted it here
but im glad it lead to me reccomending you a good story

7 Likes

The story of the chain mail vest in the batcave. Get it? Because the guy was electrocuted? I’ll see myself out.

6 Likes

Robin just painted arrows on all the doors for you.

6 Likes

What color are they because arrows of a green or red variety would be a bit confusing in the bat cave?

5 Likes

most shocking moments

hmm would death in the family fit as one ?

5 Likes

No, they telegraphed it was 50-50.

They are yellow with green and red bats all over them.

5 Likes