Most Moving comic for the you?

There are so many DC stories that have…but the one that moved me the most? “Pride of Baghdad” DC/Vertigo; Written by Brian K. Vaughn and art by Niko Henrichon

3 Likes

There are other comics that got me :cry: but I would like to give a shout out to Batman & Robin #18 (New 52) by Peter J. Tomasy, Pat Gleason and Mick Gray: a silent issue about Bruce dealing with Damian death and is AMAZING!!! That one got me​:sob: (a great run btw)

6 Likes

As much as I didn’t care for the series as a whole Identity Crisis #6 got me. The phone call between Tim and his Dad coupled with Batman’s reaction was enough, but then when Tim rushed into the house knowing he was too late. Gets me everytime

5 Likes

Gets me everytime

6 Likes

I love this thread. :heart:

“Who is Donna Troy?” from the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans is full of amazing hugs and love and feels, but there is one line in it that made me tear up the first time I read it, for purely personal reasons. Dick, thinking about Donna’s situation and their own history, observes:

Allow me to explain.

When I was a little kid (and a bigger kid too), I would get soooo frustrated that boys and girls could never be friends. “Oooh, is that your boyfriend?” No!, 11-year-old me would get tired of insisting. We’re friends! Boys and girls could never be friends in the shows or movies I watched either. They always fell in love eventually.

It gets worse when the continual denial is “we’re just friends!” as if implying that friendship is a lesser relationship than romance. Romance is something I’ve never felt and friendships are the strongest relationships I have, and I hate the implication that they don’t matter as much as romantic relationships.

So this line, and the perfectly platonic friendship of Donna and Dick in general, smacked me in the face with validation. “I love her more than I could if I was only her lover…” The implication there that friendship-love is the more superior love to romantic is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen elsewhere and it means so much to me.

9 Likes

Detective Comics #999 got me choked up when Bruce was talking to his younger self in the cemetary.

5 Likes

What issue is this? I’d love to read it.

2 Likes

Excellent topic (and example), @Mr.noodle! I’m reading Deathstroke Rebirth and your story is briefly referenced when Wally joins the Defiance Team. It’s great to have that background now, thank you!

@LEXC0RP, it’s those Alfred moments - right?!

@Edo_27, such an epic storyline. I agree!

Excerpt from Batman and Nightwing #23
Bruce is torturing himself trying to find a way that he could’ve prevented Damian’s death. Simulation after simulation with no update to the gruesome outcome. After leaving the Batcave, defeated, Alfred tries his hand at the program. This panel is the result. Bring on the waterworks! I was actually choking back tears. Sometimes we forget how intrinsic the beloved “butler” is to the success of our heroes.

4 Likes

Wow, awesome example and very well put @CassCainIsBestBatgirl! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

the best way a comic can be

2 Likes

damn thats so sad, im crying

3 Likes

well put sorry its so long later im responding but that is a great story and back up to your feelings. it allows us to feel emotions outside of consent from others. this is why comics are a relief

1 Like

this is by far the most intense thing for our love for characters. a character not often in comics is Roxy Rocket which i enjoyed in the animated series and the few times in comics but she has not been seen in so long. another character who became something from nothing is Kiteman

1 Like

I like that you clarified you have not killed anyone. I was upset the way they advertised it so i actually havent completed it. im planning on giving it an outsider view when its completely on DCU

1 Like

can you tell me a bit about it?

1 Like

These pages:

6 Likes

Me too, @Mr.noodle. Me too.

2 Likes

Oh, man, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #20. You know just how to hit me in the heart. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s the perfect ending to that series.

4 Likes

A perfect ending for a perfect series. I reread it last year, and it prompted me to look at what I was collecting and really hone in on the pieces that moved me like that. It’s so magnificently well crafted.

4 Likes